Author Topic: NASCAR PROMOTES DEATH  (Read 12619 times)

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
NASCAR PROMOTES DEATH
« on: October 14, 2014, 09:21:12 PM »
Why would NASCAR make Talledega one of the last cutoff round races for the new Chase format?  The race is already a death trap waiting to happen.  Why add another level of risk for the drivers who have to win or get dropped from The Chase?  Somebody is going to get killed or seriously injured this weekend.  This is another Dan Weldon situation at Las Vegas.  F-NASCAR.  Sorry in advance to the Tony Stewart Man Lover Club. 

Paz for Congress.  2300 for Vice President.  Ratzo for Mayor
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 09:47:34 PM by Goggles Pisano »
Irv's Taking The Night Off.

Nick Austin

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: NASCAR PROMOTES DEATH
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 11:12:22 PM »
Goggles, I usually enjoy your posts and find them somewhat humorous for the most part.
But lately I think you are trying a bit too hard, or running out of ideas, or something like that.
And this time you are way off. It sounds more like a tree hugger trying to stop a gas well or something. Take some time off . You need a rest.

Gomerpyle

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 06:41:12 AM »
I wished all the CHASE races were at Talledega!!
Kareem of Wheet

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 08:51:34 AM »
Goggles, I usually enjoy your posts and find them somewhat humorous for the most part.
But lately I think you are trying a bit too hard, or running out of ideas, or something like that.
And this time you are way off. It sounds more like a tree hugger trying to stop a gas well or something. Take some time off . You need a rest.

Nick,

Thanks for the feedback.  Don't take this personally but I ask you to consider this thought.  This goes for many others on this site.  Not picking on you individually.   

You and I have roughly the same amount of posts.  I took a quick look at your stats and you have started 20 topics on raceny.com.  Many were in the Classifieds section.  I have started 114 all in the Racing Discussion section.   It's way more difficult to actually think a little and generate an original idea than to pi$$ on those that do.  Look at your response to this topic.  You can't even explain why you think I am wrong.  I'm not saying you shouldn't disagree.  But at least create an original thought.  You say I'm running out of ideas.  At least I have some ideas!  Put your thinking cap on and come up with something original to say. Then maybe I could take your criticism seriously. 

Without people on this site generating original threads, there is no raceny!  Create a thread for once and let me pick on you!   

Warm Regards,
Goggles

P.S. - I'm taking Paz' side 

« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 09:36:39 AM by Goggles Pisano »

ask0329

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 08:56:26 AM »
Initially i thought the title was amusing. Goes perfect with the political season thats upon us. Nascar does not promote death but i do see how you arrived at that. Kind of like Jim Katko killed someone. Or, Rob Astorino thinks old people should eat soup and have no teeth. Good stuff.

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 09:25:51 AM »
I could be wrong here but don't ALL forms of racing promote at least the POSSIBILITY of death to a certain degree....we all know racing is a dangerous sport and the worst can happen at any time!
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

Rocket88

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 10:09:56 AM »
Too answer your question: NASCAR will do ANYTHING to gain exposure! Mayhem creates crowds.
My side.
Paz for President 2015
Support your local racer

polhamus motor sports

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 10:12:29 AM »
the man once said "if you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen" with that being said nascar has to find a way to be interesting because I find myself doing something other than watching nascar anymore. also the drivers appreciate your concern but everyone of them is a paid professional doing their jobs.

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 12:55:51 PM »
the man once said "if you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen" with that being said nascar has to find a way to be interesting because I find myself doing something other than watching nascar anymore. also the drivers appreciate your concern but everyone of them is a paid professional doing their jobs.

I agree.

Sincerely,

Punctuation and Capitalization

BClapp

• Rookie
  • huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 01:00:57 PM »
If there were no danger, racing wouldn't be nearly as popular as it is.
www.nyparacing.com
Clapperton311@gmail.com
Brandon Clapperton
Empire Sport Trucks www.estracing.com

Nick Austin

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 01:03:21 PM »
Sorry Goggles, I thought you were trying to be funny. Thats why I quite clearly explained why I thought you were wrong by saying "I think you are trying a bit too hard"

Gomerpyle

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 01:59:06 PM »
Most people watch Bobsledding and the Luge for the crashes don't they?
Kareem of Wheet

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2014, 02:29:44 PM »
Sorry Goggles, I thought you were trying to be funny. That's why I quite clearly explained why I thought you were wrong by saying "I think you are trying a bit too hard"

There is no need to say you're sorry. I have a reputation of making goofball posts so I can see why you thought that.  On this subject I really believe (for once) what I posted.  It's going to be very dangerous for the guys (Johnson, Earnhardt, Keselowski) who have to win or they are out of the Chase and the guys who are just ahead of them.  At least 6-8 cars are going to do anything to win.  We already have seen what Keselowski is capable of last weekend.  Dan Wheldon got killed when he had been the only driver participating in a challenge where he and a randomly selected fan would have been eligible for $2.5M each if he had won the race starting from last place.  In this year's Chase, I would feel comfortable, but not disenfranchised, saying that the stakes are equally as high and the track and circumstances equally as dangerous.  Let's see what happens this weekend.  You can argue about the differences but there are also a lot of similarities.  I think it is going to be a mess.    Why couldn't they pick Martinsville or a smaller type track for this race?  Don't pick a plate track.  C'mon.  I am curious why specifically you disagree.   

Yours Truly,

Goggles

« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 02:40:23 PM by Goggles Pisano »

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2014, 08:32:46 PM »
Peace and Love

Mtroyerfan6

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2014, 09:51:59 PM »
Nobody is "forcing" the 43 drivers to race tomorrow, right? After all they are all well paid millionaires and they certainly could probably afford to resign from their duties before the green flag falls.....If they were that afraid of dying. NASCAR has to do something to put folks in the stands and folks in front of their 60 inch big screens.