Author Topic: It's about damn time...  (Read 2429 times)

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
It's about damn time...
« on: October 16, 2018, 12:14:25 PM »
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 04:34:21 PM by raceannouncer »
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: It's about damn time...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 07:14:20 AM »
And for some stupid and unexplained reason, she has been ordered to pay back "one day's pay".....ONE DAY'S PAY?

HOW ABOUT THE $137,000 PER YEAR, FOR THE LAST TWO YEARS, WHILE SHE WASN'T WORKING???

On a side note, I don't think that I've ever seen a more arrogant woman than Judge Astacio, except for maybe the infamous Hillary Clinton....

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: It's about damn time...
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 07:28:45 AM »
The Astacio Saga drags on....

According to the latest reports, even though the Judge has been removed from the bench, she still faces charges for attempting to illegally purchase a firearm. Her lawyer petitioned the court to have a change of venue, thinking that she can't get a fair trial in Monroe County.

WOW, they're going through the hassle and expense, to move the trial to another county. What constitutes a "fair and impartial jury"? She was in direct violation of her probation, attempting to buy a gun. A gun is NOT essential to daily life, and she was caught in the act, which pretty much demonstrates, on it's own, that she violated her probation. Why even the need for a trial?

If, on the other hand, she was buying food or clothing, essentials for life, I might see the need for some sort of hearing, because maybe, JUST MAYBE there was some sort of misunderstanding on the terms of her probation. But buying a gun....what kind of nonsense will she dream up next, to waste taxpayer's time and money???