Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Ray and Ellen Hodge Leasing Chemung Speedrome  (Read 2569 times)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Champion
    • View Profile
BREAKING NEWS: Ray and Ellen Hodge Leasing Chemung Speedrome
« on: January 12, 2019, 05:47:29 PM »
Ray and Ellen Hodge Leasing Chemung Speedrome, Reverting to Friday Nights” by Carol Houssock

(Chemung, NY) Chemung’s offseason brought with it a plethora of rumors about 2019. This week the rumor mill shut down when longtime Race Director, Ray Hodge, and his wife, Ellen, entered into an agreement with track owner, John White, to lease Chemung for the 2019 season. “At the end of the 2018 season I announced I was leaving the track because Saturday nights no longer worked for me,” Hodge said. He and Ellen had missed out on weekends with their children and grandchildren, something that had not been the case when the Speedrome ran on Friday nights. “We talked it over, had many conversations with John, and it all came together this week.”

---more----
http://www.raceny.com/smf2/index.php?topic=83090.0

pushinthecushin

• View Profile
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ray and Ellen Hodge Leasing Chemung Speedrome
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 06:42:00 PM »
Here is a start of a new beginning.Good happenings will be coming out of Chemung. Wishes of a great year of racing.

Chriszak7

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 08:43:57 PM »
From a fan in the stands to running the entire operation. Congratulations!

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 06:50:05 AM »
Yes, all the best to you guys...this is really good news.
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 11:29:39 AM »
Great news for the southern tier race teams.Hopefully they will run a few open Modified shows.They should be able to draw a decent amount of cars,from the surrounding areas..
No “I’m not interested in owning a track or promoting your series 😀”

harris9cat

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 03:41:06 PM »
Put clay on it

jimmy consi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 08:55:52 PM »
Good luck Ray! We have had our differences.... one thing I know is that you have the passion and drive to make it successful!  I already like the longer schedule, going back to Fridays, hopefully some twin races and some extra distance races instead of the same ole "boiler plate" weekly schedule. I know you will jazz things up! Take advantage of the nice spring afternoons in April and the nice fall days in sept and Oct. One of the 1st orders of business is to get on the horn and call those drivers that put the fannys in the seats and ask them to come back!