Poll

Trump fired Comey-do you see this as an abuse of power?

Yes
3 (42.9%)
No
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: May 20, 2017, 04:33:11 PM

Author Topic: Comey's firing-abuse of power?  (Read 2606 times)

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Comey's firing-abuse of power?
« on: May 10, 2017, 04:33:11 PM »
 Trump crossed a line with his firing of Comey.
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Comey's firing-abuse of power?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 11:46:13 AM »
Trump crossed WHAT line??

Comey "hosted" a 15 minute press conference, where he spelled out a myriad of Federal laws that Hillary Clinton broke, regarding the e-mail misdeeds, then said that she shouldn't be arrested. WHAT???  And furthermore, that was above and beyond the violations of ethics, regarding the Clinton Foundation, the dereliction of duty regarding Benghazi, etc, etc.

If anything, Comey should have been fired YEARS ago, but you know perfectly well, that the Democrats weren't going to do it, as he was "running interference" for them. However, let's see what happens to him now.............

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 07:50:43 AM »
 The line of emotional stability and reasoning, continuously.  On several occasions Trump heaped praise on Comey but that changed as the inquiry into Russia heated up.  Trump is one scary POTUS.  His unwillingness to accept responsibility and blaming others are his trademark.  What became of Trump's claim he would prosecute Hillary? 

Personally, I like and admire Comey. The guy was put in a most difficult situation as a result of Hillary's behavior.  Making the announcement of the findings just prior to the election may have cost her the Presidency and against protocol but what choice did he have?  If he remained silent and she won, well you know.  He kept his integrity.

We haven't seen the last of Comey.  ;)

« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 08:16:13 AM by Way 2 Lo »
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

kt

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 08:15:52 AM »
pfft.....
2020: New Smyrna (5)...Sebring...Penn Can...Mahoning Valley(2)...Lernerville...Lake Erie (4)...Chemung...Lancaster...

kt

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 08:24:55 AM »
Snowflake Meltdown.....Day 113
2020: New Smyrna (5)...Sebring...Penn Can...Mahoning Valley(2)...Lernerville...Lake Erie (4)...Chemung...Lancaster...

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 05:03:36 PM »
The line of emotional stability and reasoning, continuously.  On several occasions Trump heaped praise on Comey but that changed as the inquiry into Russia heated up.  Trump is one scary POTUS.  His unwillingness to accept responsibility and blaming others are his trademark.  What became of Trump's claim he would prosecute Hillary? 

Personally, I like and admire Comey. The guy was put in a most difficult situation as a result of Hillary's behavior.  Making the announcement of the findings just prior to the election may have cost her the Presidency and against protocol but what choice did he have?  If he remained silent and she won, well you know.  He kept his integrity.

We haven't seen the last of Comey.  ;)

He WHAT???

You realize, that if you looked back into his past, he's been in the Clinton's "back pocket" for a couple of decades, don't you??  If that doesn't scuttle any vestige of integrity a person might have had, nothing will........

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 06:14:28 PM »
 It's plainly obvious Hillary is alive and well in your head...She owns you so to speak. 

edit to add: If Comey was in Clinton's "back pocket' as you suggest he would've remained silent until post-election.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 06:52:45 PM by Way 2 Lo »

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 06:53:48 PM »
It's plainly obvious Hillary is alive and well in your head...She owns you so to speak.

No, she doesn't OWN me, she ANNOYS me. She should be in jail, period!!! She violated Federal laws, and had I (or you, for that matter) acted in the manner she did, I WOULD be in jail. She's no better than I am, therefore she should be treated the same way I would be......