Author Topic: Anyone got anything about blackrock 2016  (Read 19226 times)

Kevinm022

• View Profile
Re: Anyone got anything about blackrock 2016
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2016, 09:40:00 PM »
I see now five mile did decide to go with the racer...they were rumored to go Hoosier.
As for the crate lates Brian knowles, Jason knowles, Wayne Robertson, Bryce Davis, John waters, Scott waters, Jeremy wondering, Mike wondering all have cars locally and most all of them have run black rock weekly or part time with brp cars.  Add in a few CMP cars along with guys who will switch and the class has a lot of potential.
They would be great to replace the imca cars, they just aren't a big sell for fans in this area.

RTC56

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2016, 09:46:36 PM »
I see now five mile did decide to go with the racer...they were rumored to go Hoosier.
As for the crate lates Brian knowles, Jason knowles, Wayne Robertson, Bryce Davis, John waters, Scott waters, Jeremy wondering, Mike wondering all have cars locally and most all of them have run black rock weekly or part time with brp cars.  Add in a few CMP cars along with guys who will switch and the class has a lot of potential.
They would be great to replace the imca cars, they just aren't a big sell for fans in this area.
ok, so than Freedoms field is cut in half this year?,makes no sense. Who is running CMP with these cars? Half of Batavia's field??

Casper60

• Champion
    • View Profile
    • Asylum Motorsports Group
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2016, 09:49:29 PM »
I'm kinda scratching my head on the crate late deal everyone seems to be jumping on cause it is said there are so many out there, one post on this thread is talking about drawing crate lates from CMP, how are u drawing crate lates from CMP when there hasn't even been one on the track yet? Where are all these crates coming from when u already have Freedom, Batavia, CMP, is Fulton and Brewerton still running them? Woodhull stayed 360 another season, How can a track have good fields of these cars if everyone is running them?? Maybe I'm wrong idk, someone fill me in on this, T.J.?

Yeah, you're right. They haven't turned a lap yet at CMP, but guys have bought them, with a few more looking to purchase one. That said, a majority of them would race more than one night a week and Black Rock would be the logical choice. Out of all the tracks you listed, Freedom is the only Friday night track that runs them. Brewerton does not. I can't see anyone from CMP driving out to Freedom over Blackrock being as close as it is. It's a growing class, and since a majority of the tracks running them are on Saturday, Black Rock could end up having a pretty decent class as long as the pay is decent. Local guys that travel to Freedom now may not, now that they have a closer option.
Daryl Barrett

www.c60r.com

emod03

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2016, 09:52:24 PM »
I was just pointing out there is alot more cars in the area now. I've heard that cmp is expecting around 12 cars weekly and some are sportsman guys that used to run black rock and cmp, and all the southern tier guys that have cars would prob hit there. Freedom wouldn't have any effect on them being so far away. A bi weekly opposite cmp schedule would be the smart bet imo. Brewerton only run thems 2-3 times a yr. I think u would get some guys from cmp, some of the batavia guys might hit there some. And some fulton guys that have been waiting for another track to run some

RTC56

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2016, 10:07:34 PM »
All that makes sense, but I still think you are a little watered down, sounds like Freedom who had a strong field last year loses cars, making for a small field, I'm willing to bet if CMP predicts 12 cars, they get 8, Maybe Blackrock being in the middle will have the better numbers, but it's still gonna be tracks hurting each other Blackrock/Freedom fridays, CMP/Batavia Saturdays, and where will the big Emod03 be running his crate late? lots of choices now.. lol.

emod03

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2016, 10:29:35 PM »
We will be all over again, I have 25 shows scheduled as of now. Schedule will be about 40 when all is done. Saturdays will be genesee weekly once they get started.

harris9cat

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2016, 02:40:45 PM »
Lol I think your all doing a lot of guessing we don't even know who's running the place yet

bentracer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2016, 10:14:21 AM »
 I hadn't been to Back ROCK in a few years ...So last year we decided to go and we loved the IMCA'S and the MOD'S.... And we have been there every week every since... So hopefully Black Rock will keep them both going ..

harris9cat

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2016, 02:59:39 PM »
I over herd some ppl saying we might get some details today or tonight. Anyone here the same?

YetAnotherDW

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2016, 03:18:03 PM »
I've seen a facebook post that I won't repeat but that person has made it sound like the deal is done because he will be one of the officials.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Darrell Welty

Indian

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2016, 04:10:14 PM »
Oh FFS, someone just let the cat out of the bag so I can go back to my hole until the season starts. ::)

Walt

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2016, 05:06:38 PM »
Black Rock Speedway Now becomes Outlaw Speedway
Dean Hoag and Tyler Siri have have been working diligently on sale of Black Rock Speedway. Tyler has planned an informational meeting for this Saturday Feb.6th at 10:00am at the Dundee American legion. The contracts have been signed the track has been paid for both parties are very happy and are looking forward to an exciting 2016 season.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 06:06:32 PM by Walt »
TSBLOF.......