Author Topic: A heartless response  (Read 2352 times)

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: A heartless response
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 07:31:08 AM »
I would be the first to agree that Trump is sometimes brash, and a little tactless, as he frequently speaks "off the cuff". However, he is frequently, FUNDAMENTALLY correct, and in this case, he does have some strong evidence to back up his claim. I happen to participate in another automotive based website, which has a very large group of members, all across the US, California included. And while some of them had their feathers ruffled by Trump's comments, many of them, the HONEST ones, agreed with what he was getting at.

It appears that the "tree huggers" and "eco-weenies" in Kalifornia have their priorities a bit skewed, and will not allow even basic brush removal and "fire gap" creation. In other words, they have created a "perfect storm" for even the slightest errant fire, to immediately feed itself, and continue on a rampage, destroying the area.

In other words, stupid is, as stupid does. Trump was just pointing that out....

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 01:32:54 PM »
 No "gaps" will contain these fires when the winds blow as they have in this situation.  Any body who suggest otherwise has little understanding of these firestorms.

Call him "brash" you say?   Ignorant and cruel is more like it....
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 03:30:40 PM by Way 2 Lo »
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 05:02:52 PM »

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 07:28:35 AM »
My nephew lives/lived in Magalia which is about 5 miles from Paradise.  Much of Magalia 45% has been destroyed but his home was not.  His daughter who lived in Paradise was not so fortunate. She lost her home along with her sis in law.  Adding to the misery my nephew will probable be out of work as well.  He works for the water company in Paradise but there's no longer anyone needing water as everything has been destroyed.