Author Topic: World Finals  (Read 21435 times)

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
World Finals
« on: October 23, 2017, 03:51:22 PM »
This will be my first trip there. Can someone give me information on their procedures?

Can you buy a 3 day pit pass, or do you have to buy daily passes?

Where do you park? My goal is to be close to the modified pits.

Best places to eat?

Leftturnjohnny

• Veteran
  • " Land of Equal Opportunity NOT Equal Outcomes"
    • View Profile
"What we have here is...failure to communicate."

Strother Martin from "Cool Hand Luke"

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: World Finals
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 04:54:05 PM »
I looked all over for information on parking. I know they pit the modifieds the farthest from the track.

Is there golf cart rental?

nyhowardfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 05:51:53 PM »
If you look at the aerial view on Google maps you can see where the parking is, kinda SW of the track. The empty lot to the NE is where the late models and modifieds pit. Not sure about golf carts.
The tickets I have gotten always came with the pit passes included,so not sure about purchasing them separately.

dan19n

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 05:58:02 PM »
Relax Sonny,, its a great event to see! The pits are very close to the race track. Food vendors are all around the track (really) and they are expensive but fairly good. There are vendors selling things, figure out where you are setting before it get crowded,, the grandstands are BIG and the crowd is really big. Bathrooms are at the track undre the grandstands. There is alot to see I really liked the whole event... all the racing is real good. Not a bad drive just seems to get longer each year..... I sure hope the weather is good. I am sure you will have a great time,,, be careful traveling.

2012champ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 06:14:15 PM »
A must eat is iron thunder saloon.  Within 1 1/2 miles from track.  Good food. Good price. Great view !!!

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 08:00:28 PM »
I'm a planner, so I always get anxious. Like to have all my ducks in a row, if you know what I mean.

I know my hotel is probably 20 minutes or so from the track, and I know Friday and definitely Saturday will be the busiest days, so I want to make sure I have everything ready to rock.

Is it best to get your passes in advance, or can you buy them at the pit shack?

RPark

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 06:08:34 AM »
Open horse is great for Thursday night $1.25 bottled beer and lots of racers go there after time trials . This is the best racing I have ever seen . You will enjoy it I'm sure . Hopefully I will run into you around the mods . I have raced with Justin hares and a bunch of others that you know .

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 07:45:20 AM »
And we haven't met yet?

dan19n

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 09:35:50 AM »
This event is very well laid out and run on time. Pick up pit passes at outside turn 4,, just look for signs and people,,, the times are posted quite clearly. The 4 lane dragstrip is located outside turns  3 and 4. Just think,,,, this is a great trip,, very professionally laid out ,, I just hope the weather is nice. It will give you some new ideas about how a facility should be run,,,, Parking is very good,, get there early,,, there is plenty to see and do. Pay attention to what time the pits open and other details...... you are going to have the time of your life  AND  the racing is especially good. Just drive safe ,,its a fairly long trip.....

dan19n

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 09:43:36 AM »
added.... you can buy a 3day pit pass,,, no problem. Plenty of places to eat at the track  and   very nice places along the highways  leading to the track.... just plan your time well,,,, the crowds and the traffic are a big deal.  drive safe,,, the traffic is well handled leaving..... I think you will be pleasently surprised at how well things are run.....  I am not going this year,,,, BUT I WISH I WAS...........!!!!!!!!

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 09:46:25 AM »
Thanks!

You do not need to purchase a pit pass in advance, correct? There are walk up sales?

Modules

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 09:51:12 AM »
You can get a 3 day pass no problem at the ticket booth. It is located over towards the 4 lane dragstrip.  You can drive right up and park by there to get your passes.   There are plenty of places to go and eat within a mile of the track.  They have shuttle services all around the facility.

RPark

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2017, 12:01:26 PM »
Sunny that was back in the open sportsman days when we ran with Justin and them . They call me parksee . They where the good old days . I am a Good friend of Vic Coffey . We could of met who knows

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2017, 12:28:16 PM »
10-4, Parksy.

Thanks, everyone!