Author Topic: Impeachment filed against Trump  (Read 1605 times)

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Impeachment filed against Trump
« on: July 12, 2017, 03:37:13 PM »
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/341677-house-dem-files-article-of-impeachment-against-trump

I don't like this.  It doesn't bode well for my country, it affects our President's standing on the world stage.  It doesn't have to be successful and I'm not saying it he doesn't deserve it, he's brought this upon himself.  Unfortunately, it wont serve as a wake up call either.
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
Re: Impeachment filed against Trump
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 11:24:30 AM »
I have many opinions on all this:

1.) I'm not his biggest supporter...

2.) Trump has made at least three HUGE mistakes: 

A] Overpromising/undelivering on big issues and

B] picking a fight with the left leaning mainstream media (which are trying very hard to retaliate by scrutinizing every little thing he does and is finding those who support him to bash and undermine his AND their credibility)

C] Taking to social media in a vain effort to prove he is very familiar with the minds of younger voters and how they communicate; this tactic backfires because, at this point in time, the medium is rife with nothing other than sensationalism!

3.)  At best, he will be on one-term resident of the White House UNLESS he's able to pull off another election upset.  At that point, the whole manure spreader will hit the proverbial fan!

4.) Too many of the current electorate love to twist the Constitution (when their beliefs agree with parts of it, but not when it applies to those who have different views)  Very few quote (or even know about) the Bill of Rights, which is every bit as important.

5.) Most have no idea of how the country's government actually works (especially the concept of "balance of power")

6.) The notion (especially recently) that ONE person has the most power in this country--the President.  Congress holds the country's biggest power.  If someone believes the President has more, then it logically follows that they must believe we live under a dictatorship.

7.) Those who want him "impeached" equate the process to a removal from office.  No President has ever been removed from office in the history of our country--NONE! 

8.) His predecessor was a populist President who pandered to the masses.  The major issues our country faces existed during (and/or before) BO served his terms...during that time, people were content to bury their heads in the sand!
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Impeachment filed against Trump
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 01:35:11 PM »
 It's been suggested he wont run for a 2nd term or even make it through his 1st term due to "exhaustion" from a variety of factors.  I wouldn't be surprised if he did resign at some point.
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain