Author Topic: Help! Lr bite issue  (Read 4951 times)

Svr626

• View Profile
Help! Lr bite issue
« on: April 19, 2015, 08:58:04 PM »
While scaling my imca modified Im getting negative lr bite by about 80 lbs, I have a 4 link with spring behind on lr and coil over on right however I have no adjustable jacking bolts on the rear which is making this difficult anyone gives me tips on getting more lr weight... I have already moved some lead and it didn't do much

Harris44mod

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Lr bite issue
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 11:53:14 AM »
First no no is you don't move lead to achieve lr bite! You have to have adjusters on your lr spring?  How did you do ride heights? What type of chassis?

Svr626

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 12:18:33 PM »
I have a spring slider on the lr adjusting that alone will give me more lr bite? it's a Harris copy over rail car, it's been hard I committed the sin of buying a homebuilt car for my first imca and the kid I bought it from knew little about it

Harris44mod

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 02:23:19 PM »
Well you have it now so let's make it right. So do you have your ride heights set? If not make sure you have them where you want them.  Now any time you want to achieve lr or rr bite you adjust all 4 corners!  What your gonna have to figure out is what formula works for this car. In other words to put lr in the car start with 1 turn down on rf, 1 turn out of lf then 1 turn in lr and 1 out of rr! Check your ride heights and see if the corner heights stayed the same! If not you might have to do 1 to 1/2 turn. You understand what I'm explaining?

Svr626

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 05:13:31 PM »
Yeah I did just that I feel pretty good about where the car is at now. I was able to take lead off and still have plenty of overall weight and about 35 lbs of lr bite.  I understand the concept I guess I was just going about it the wrong way, thanks for your help!

Harris44mod

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 08:38:53 PM »
Anytime!  Glad to help.