Author Topic: Evans Mills  (Read 3289 times)

tp176

• View Profile
    • TIGOR Race Components
Evans Mills
« on: May 07, 2019, 11:13:05 AM »
Want to thank Lee and Peggy Gill, as well as the crew they have, for making the investment in time and money to revive this track. We had a good night of racing Saturday and have told them we will support the track all season.

The improvements just keep coming. There is even new asphalt down in the pits as of yesterday!

Hope to see a few more cars there as the season gets going.

Not many people would make this leap of faith and financial investment.

Tony P
Home of the wildest wheelers ever built - TIGOR Switches too!!!

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
Re: Evans Mills
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 05:24:00 AM »
Does the heart good to see some bucks being put into a track with the potential that E Mills has.

I don't get there much but the place deserves more support. Good luck Tony 176 and the whole 2NY team this year.
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

Shamrock 3x

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 07:16:32 AM »
I wish it well, as I made some great friends and memories during the 2001 season. I was there every Friday night and have been back a few times since.  New asphalt in the pits...WOW!  I needed that!

tp176

• View Profile
    • TIGOR Race Components
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 09:15:03 AM »
Another fun night of racing. Paved pit area is GREAT.

Special thanks this week to Utica Mike for making the trip up and for the helping hand!

Lets get some more Legends and Sport Mods up there. Lee is paying a decent purse. Give him a call about tires. He is willing to work a few things to get some more cars up there. Hell, we will even loan out a set to get some cars there!

Tony P

tp176

• View Profile
    • TIGOR Race Components
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 07:06:19 AM »
The typical handicap system was scrapped before we used it. This is a good thing for anyone wanting to come up and race without worrying about starting in the back. A draw will be used for starting line up in the heats. The winner of the first heat will draw a number from a bucket. That number will determine the number of starting spots to be inverted for the feature.

Tony P

tp176

• View Profile
    • TIGOR Race Components
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 09:28:15 AM »
Take a look at this. No handicap system. I think this is a very good way to handle it.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/60625296_2129088443806288_6663285797149474816_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=5592ef30a99c77e8e5fa6467b58bc21d&oe=5D62CF1C

Definitely a good move.

The new tire drag and the traction compound made for better racing. Even a couple outside passes.

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 07:49:26 PM »
Top 3 or 4 in heat races works well at alot of tracks I go to.

yeogene

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2019, 04:42:06 PM »
I was Evans Mills on June 1st and was impressed with what they have done. I run with the CAMS vintage modified series and knew there was a outside groove there. With the track grooming the mods and legends put on a great event. I also like the cone restarts where you can choose the lane. Multiple times racers from deep in the pack chose the outside on the restart and were able to gain positions. The next CAMS series vintage race is at Evans Mills on June 22nd, hope to see you there.
Doug

garyt

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2019, 12:31:43 PM »
Results?