Author Topic: Zak Chronicals from Oswego.  (Read 8590 times)

bobby consi

• View Profile
Re: Zak Chronicals from Oswego.
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 12:38:13 PM »
that cracks me up. i was there all weekend but didnt want to bring my young son to the downhill race because of such things. too funny.

modman42

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2009, 12:39:41 PM »
Well by the weak car counts and empty stands(compaired to yrs past) I'd say Mr.Harpel may have spoiled Oswego all together.....

Groundpounder

• Legend
  • If you can't Dodge it, Ram it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 12:49:24 PM »
JMO, but I think it's Oswego Speedway that has "spoiled" the RoC.  I'd love to see it at a different venue next year.  Ideally, I'd like to see the "almost mile" at Adirondack finished and the RoC there.   That would sorta be like the RoC returning to it's roots, since that track would be the closest thing to the old Langhorne track as any place in the country.  Unfortunately, that track won't be finished any time soon, so maybe Thompson or NHMS would be a good home for the race.  Too bad ISC saw to it that Nazareth can never be a race track again.  AZZholes!!
"Crate engines are to racing what Tofurkey is to Thanksgiving" - Karl Fredrickson
Distrust all men in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. - Friedrich Nietzsche
We are descended in spirit from revolutionaries and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. - D. Eisenhower

yeck22

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2009, 12:58:27 PM »
Move it to Shang 2 :)

Groundpounder

• Legend
  • If you can't Dodge it, Ram it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2009, 01:17:26 PM »
Move it to Shang 2 :)
Only problem is that wouldn't be a "neutral" track since they run mods weekly.
"Crate engines are to racing what Tofurkey is to Thanksgiving" - Karl Fredrickson
Distrust all men in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. - Friedrich Nietzsche
We are descended in spirit from revolutionaries and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. - D. Eisenhower

Modifiedthunder

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2009, 01:18:29 PM »
Well by the weak car counts and empty stands(compaired to yrs past) I'd say Mr.Harpel may have spoiled Oswego all together.....

There has to be some kind of changes to the ROC or it WILL die out you can bet on that!!! structure- race track -purse  what ever there has to be changes made and now!!!
By the Grace of God and 600 horsepower!!!!

rrr

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2009, 01:34:44 PM »
Why did they move the Mods  to Sunday ?

I'm a fan of the mods was thinking of making the 6hr round trip until I found out they were racing Sunday and not Saturday night.

Saturday I could have stayed over but Sunday ....Need to be at work Monday at 6am.

jmrpage

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2009, 01:36:58 PM »
Move the ROC to Erie Speedway . Modifieds , SST mods , Super stocks , and Fiberglass Follies . Paid practice thursday night . Heats on friday night , consi and features on saturday , sunday as a rain date .

RaceChaser

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2009, 03:09:33 PM »
       The incident happened a few races later.The skateboard guy, from witness reports, someone from the crowd threw a bottle that hit him and he went crazy and used his skateboard as a weapon and took out 2 guys that were just watching the races from the side of the street. End result was 1 in the hospital and a shattered windshield on a cop car. Not good at all. He was arrested st Dominick's later that night. The downhill race was meant to be a fun deal. A few bad apples may have spoiled the deal.

I was standing a little up the hill and on the parking lot side of the street from the "incident". Someone from a small crowd of people (maybe 15?) threw a cup full of something at skateboard guy on about his 2nd(?) run down the hill. He stopped and confronted the small crowd. Someone in that crowd kept telling skateboard guy to leave (and he did). On subsequent runs, skateboard guy would confront the small crowd on the way back up the hill. All the while, people in the small crowd were talking about throwing rocks and other debris at the competitors; Fing idi0ts. On the last run, skateboard guy stopped and was walking away when someone in the small crowd said something.....then he just went crazy and took on the small crowd. Unfortunately, he used his skateboard as a weapon. Not sure what happened with the shattered windshield on the cop car.....didn't see it.
It's too bad, like Chriszak7 says, a few idi0ts may have spoiled the entire deal. There was even a cop that was cool about the race. He pulled into the campground near the finish line, but from what I saw, he didn't seem to mind the crowd on the street.

race fan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2009, 04:28:09 PM »
Sounds like to much refreshments consumed ;D
DENNIS  ......RIP RICHIE EVANS....................