Author Topic: FONDA 200 to pay $53,000 to win!  (Read 1312 times)

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
FONDA 200 to pay $53,000 to win!
« on: January 07, 2019, 06:33:56 AM »
Now that I have your attention.... This was leaked during the Short Track Super Series banquet Saturday night, and pretty much set the dirt modified world on its ear...

January 6, 2019 (Fonda, New York)

Thank you for the overwhelming support of the 'Fonda 200'. We are super excited to make this happen in 2019, and we are so glad you, the Fonda Fans, are coming along for this epic ride!

In the meantime, may we ask...

"Where will you be when history is made on the dirt?"

#Fonda200 #MakeFondaGreatAgain #History

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: FONDA 200 to pay $53,000 to win!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 06:38:41 AM »
Here is a link to the Dirt Track Digest article with more information on the weekend full of events, and event structure, including paid non-qualifiers race and sportsman event.

http://www.dirttrackdigest.com/New17/?p=24938

This information has been taken directly form the outlets releasing it, so if it is in the "Press Release" section, I apologize.

Patrick Hobbs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 09:07:24 AM »
This is going to be interesting. The last area auto I read says the dirt guys  scheduled a super dirt series race the same weekend as the Fonda race. 

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 09:12:12 AM »
What will happen if guys like Stewey and /or Super Matt showed for this? Would DIRT punish them in some way?
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 01:07:53 PM »
There are two Super DIRTcar Series events at the same time as 200 Weekend, yes. They are at Utica Rome Speedway, and Land of Legends Raceway.

In truth, I see drivers who HAVE American Racer tires going to Fonda, but it doesn't make sense for guys who run Hoosiers all season to go out and spend $1,000 or more on some AR's to, quite possibly, not even make the show, or one of the non-qualifier races. :shrug: Therefore, I see DIRTcar legal big blocks (and small blocks, frankly - why not?) running Hoosier tires to attend both the SDS events.  $7,500 is not 'chump change', in all honesty.

Then again, I can also see any driver not in the Top 5 in DIRTcar points taking a shot at some beaucoup bucks on the other side of Route 81! For a minute, I contemplated putting a roll cage in my Pontiac Vibe and giving it a shot! (Joking) The real question is - can one event sway who signs a Platinum DIRTcar status?

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 01:14:35 PM »
UM, when Brett Hearn decided to stay at OCFS for Eastern States, because SDS was at Weedsport that same weekend (3 or 4 years ago now), he was indeed penalized. I believe he lost his Platinum privileges for Charlotte. (I can't remember what Mike Perrotte said.) So to answer your question, I would presume repercussions if Matt chose to go. Stew did not sign a platinum last year because of the truck, yet somehow managed to get added to the Saturday show at Charlotte as a 31st starter (which royally p!ssed me off, because the first car out on Friday night that DIDN'T get added is the one in my profile picture >:( ).

I see DIRTcar doing what benefits themselves. If it benefits them to let the guys go compete, Deyo better add parking. If it benefits them to discipline a team for attending, they will. :shrug: