Author Topic: Fulton  (Read 3906 times)

herm

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Fulton
« on: July 20, 2014, 01:15:03 PM »
I first went to Fulton back in the sixties. Ran there myself for a span of 30 years. I have to say that the racing has never been better there than it is right now. Strong fields of cars. Past sportsmen feature winners often have to make it in through the consi. 2/3s to 3/4 of the field in the mods could win on the right night. Most of all in an ara of wings, wide soft tires, bought race cars, resticted engines and slick tracks, the guy who won the mods last night still practices the almost lost art of backing it in.

kt

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Fulton
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 09:15:15 AM »
Hey Herm, are you going Wednesday?

I will be there for the first time since 1978, top row towards turn 4........hope to see you there.......................kt
2020: New Smyrna (5)...Sebring...Penn Can...Mahoning Valley(2)...Lernerville...Lake Erie (4)...Chemung...Lancaster...

herm

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 11:48:02 AM »
No, I cant make it. I am going to a nite hunt with the coonhound at Gorham.

no74falcon

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 07:36:56 PM »
KT... Were you there for the final race on the asphalt?
Allen Clark
Erieville, N.Y.
In God We Trust

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 09:44:44 PM »
Wear a dusk mask.
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 11:04:48 PM »
Wear a dusk mask.
As the evening progresses do you advise donning a night mask? 8)
 ;)

kt

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 07:05:16 AM »
I don't believe so, Allen. The first race I ever ran in my life was at Fulton that year. We had switched to Perry before the end of the year.

MT always liked Fulton the best. The best competition was always there on a Sunday night. He also won his first mod race there in '67.

61, 99, 38, 50, v3, 4, 1, 16x, etc.............................kt
2020: New Smyrna (5)...Sebring...Penn Can...Mahoning Valley(2)...Lernerville...Lake Erie (4)...Chemung...Lancaster...

BigFeet13

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 02:00:45 PM »
The first race I went to at Fulton, either '74 or'75, MT won. I've only been back twice since it's been dirt. It's still a nice facility, I just wish it was still paved.

no74falcon

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 02:19:39 PM »
We were there for the last race on the black top, and although I was only 8, I remember it pretty clearly. I'm sure most of you know, none other than Barefoot Bob McCreadie won that night, in the Price Bros. red and white #1 Pinto. KT, I'm glad to hear Maynard liked Fulton so much, as it just adds to the story of the night he borrowed Dad's Falcon, and finished second to Richie.
Allen Clark
Erieville, N.Y.
In God We Trust

kt

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 09:29:16 AM »
9- Pittman

15-Schatz

1z- Jessica Zemken

.......Great night of racing. A little light on the WOO car count but still great racing none the less. I gotta believe that was a career high for Ms. Zemken with the WOO tour. It must of been ladies night as the the winner of the Sportsman race was a young lady also. (Beth Schneider)I thinks.  Both young ladies can really wheel a racecar!............home by midnight.............................kt