Author Topic: Madhouse  (Read 18914 times)

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
Re: Madhouse
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2018, 09:47:18 AM »
My "problem" with the Madhouse is like my issue with most other movies about "stockcar " racing is that it plays into

the very stereotype that KT finds offensive from Gaggles. To the unwashed that's how  they see our favorite sport and that is unfortunate.

We can't get a decent same day coverage of Mods anymore so we can't "sell it" to those that have never been exposed. Sorry ..tape delay,

over edited and over commercialized  coverage leaves it far short IMHO.  Madhouse is to Mod racing as Slapshot was to hockey.
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2018, 05:20:41 PM »
I agree with KT and that is that Googles & Ratso whoever these jerks really are contribute nothing positive to raceny!

dan19n

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2018, 11:20:53 AM »
i don,t agree...ratzo and googles have interesting opinionss that i find humous. their take on things is just asimportant as ours. i enjoy thier comments,, don't ever let your opinion of yourself get larger than reality....  ratzo..googles,, keep us all informed,,,,, thanks :) ;) ;D ;D :-*

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2018, 03:10:50 PM »
I agree with KT and that is that Googles & Ratso whoever these jerks really are contribute nothing positive to raceny!

I’m Goggles Pisano and I approve this message. 
Irv's Taking The Night Off.

Ratzso

• Veteran
  • "My Life Coach traded me..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2018, 06:45:18 PM »

I’m Goggles Pisano and I approve this message.

I'm J. Langford Ratzso and I also approve these messages.

That's all I got....

"Today is yesterday's future"

Shamrock 3x

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2018, 06:22:32 AM »
Hmmm...crickets from Ratzso & the Pissant for over 12 hours. What up with that??

kt

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2018, 06:57:23 AM »
I don't have any problem with the Rat man or Goggles either for that matter. I normally find their stuff humorous. Just thought the bit about few teeth and sodomy were over the top........I didn't see the show so maybe I'm missing something here.............carry on
2020: New Smyrna (5)...Sebring...Penn Can...Mahoning Valley(2)...Lernerville...Lake Erie (4)...Chemung...Lancaster...

rg23

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2018, 07:43:32 AM »
I am fine with Goggles and Ratzso.

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2018, 08:00:45 AM »
The stadium definitely has the hottest chics out of any of the over 30 speedways that I’ve been to..
No “I’m not interested in owning a track or promoting your series 😀”

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2018, 04:34:46 PM »
I don't have any problem with the Rat man or Goggles either for that matter. I normally find their stuff humorous. Just thought the bit about few teeth and sodomy were over the top........I didn't see the show so maybe I'm missing something here.............carry on

Kenny - I'm not trying to be a dick.  But what is good about that show?  That show makes everybody involved with modified racing look like *****.  The racing is highly technical and they make all of us (yes I raced and my Dad worked on cars for years) look like toothless losers.  Also look at the fan shots they take.  People flipping off the drivers, looking like complete hicks.  I don't get it.   I think that show is 100% trying to make racers and and fans look like dumbos. 

Goggles.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 05:07:06 PM by Goggles Pisano »
Irv's Taking The Night Off.

Ratzso

• Veteran
  • "My Life Coach traded me..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2018, 01:53:01 PM »
Good Citizens of RaceNY…

I watched the first episode on Spectrum on demand last night.  For me, it was a good reminder of why I don't watch Formula 1 races.

Warning!!!!!  Spoiler Alert!!!!  Here are Ratzso's race in six Roman Numeral points in case you haven't seen it and want to spend time doing something productive like macaroni art or watching crews unload trucks at Wegmans or Tops Market. 

I won't waste my time on any future episodes....

I)  Dude named Burt drives car #1  (The fans go wild!)

II)  Burt qualifies on the pole for the 200 lap race.  (The fans go wild!)

III)  Burt's car is wide and the track is narrow, so no one can pass Burt.  (The fans go wild!)

IV)  Burt leads all 200 laps in a single file snooze fest and wins the race.  (The fans go wild!)

V) In Victory Circle, Burt said he will put on a new back bumper and return next week for another thrilling race!  (The fans go wild!)

VI)  The Fans go Wild...….

That's all I got...

Ratzman

I have to confess that I can be very mordant and sarcastic when attempting to interject humor related to racing events and subjects listed on RaceNY.  I would like to apologize to anyone that I have offended.

I need to be more sensitive to the larger audience and try to maintain a level of civility.  To that point, I have put together a more socially correct version of my previous posting. I hope this will meet acceptance and help maintain tranquility on this great racing forum.

Sincerely,

J. Langford Ratzso

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Revised Edition -November 5, 2018

Forum members:  I watched the first episode of the new Bowman Gray Stadium race show last evening after a busy day.

Here are my race in six points in case you have been busy with Fall chores and haven't had time to see it.  I will certainly be tuned in next week to see what happens!

1)  Burt Myers is the 2017 track champ and drives car #1.  He is very good racecar driver and is well liked, except by Tim.

2)  Burt turned the fast lap and qualified on the pole for the 200 lap race.  His car is very fast.

3)  Burt was able to stay in the lead despite serious challenges from the rest of the field of great cars and drivers.

4)  Burt lead all 200 laps and was able to win the race. No one was able to pass Burt.

5) In Victory Circle, Burt thanked his pit crew for giving him a great racecar.  He seems like a nice person.

6)  The packed crowd stood and cheered loudly for Burt and other drivers.

Very Truly Yours,

J. Langford Ratzso
"Today is yesterday's future"

Orange18

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2018, 02:58:36 PM »
I found that the show is promoted like Pro Wrestling or Roller Derby. I do have to say that when I was a kid at Spencer or Oswego there were good guys and bad guys, heroes and villians. There was always a rivalry. Example: HEROS- Tom Leason (Snoopy Car), Don Whalen (The Candy Man), Dick Kluth ( Just never won). Richie Evans (Rapid Roman).

Villians- Gooff Bodine, Maynard Troyer(Sorry KT), The Triechlers.

The cars were all different and had style and personality. I think Most Villians were disliked due to winning all the time and some creative use of the chrome horn or they were just invaders. People want to see a confrontation,(fights in Hockey). Every one goes to Bowman Gray the following week to see some payback or retaliation. Also, That track is so small and tight that most times the only way to pass is with the bumper. Don't you think people want to go back the next week after a ramming fest after the checker flag. It seems to happen every week and that is how the show is promoted. Don't you want a front row seat when MTJ Dumps Lagano and crushes his hopes to be the champion?

Admin

• Administrator
  • Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2018, 03:24:55 PM »
I liked the original Madhouse on the History Channel, it was interesting and fun to watch. But I think over time the fun turned into the monotony of faux disputes and drama. It was a circus, like you're watching old episodes of Championship Wrestling or WWF or something.

Hey, Bowman packed the stands and benefited from the publicity but I have a tendency to agree it wasn't great publicity for the sport. One video posted here from 2010 had fans leaving their seats to jump on-track for a fight between drivers...police too jumped in and it was a melee.  And from what I've read...this happens on a weekly basis at Bowman even now. Up north we learned a difficult lesson not too long ago about this type of confrontational manner in racing...

I hope the revival of Madhouse is an entertaining series about racing and cuts the BS out.

From 2018:

Several officers were assisting driver Blake Walker out of his race car when another driver intentionally rammed the disabled race car, causing the disabled car to strike Walker, according to the statement. The driver, whom police did not name, then spun his vehicle in a reckless manner around the disabled car, placing the officers, Walker and race personnel in its path, police said.

https://www.journalnow.com/news/local/winston-salem-police-release-statement-following-bowman-gray-wreck-and/article_4fef70d8-31a8-52a4-90c7-fd442a37d174.html#tncms-source=infinity-scroll-summary-siderail-latest

From 2010:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=157&v=v6YU7S6ziWU
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 03:38:11 PM by Admin »

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2018, 04:06:57 PM »
The point of showing that was exactly what? Most everybody here knows the deal down there.  I'm not picking on B/G specifically as some version of this goes on all over the country to some extent.  I was watching vids from Franklin County Speedway the other night  which seemed like B/G lite.
I'm tempted to say it's a southern thing but it's not. Happens here too as we have our share bad actors as well but to glorify it or dignify enough to feature it on a TV network really bothers me.  Not much different than American Chopper and the real life (fake) feud between
father and son Tuttle. There is a market for this crap I guess........not me.  Plane crashes draw crowds too.  :-\
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

tom89tech

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2018, 06:49:49 PM »
  I agree with uticamike on this one. As a former tech inspector on the nascar modifed tour I don't think this does justice to the modifieds. This is street stock stuff