Author Topic: Stand Up (NFL)  (Read 1541 times)

Hollandracer83

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Stand Up (NFL)
« on: September 24, 2017, 10:22:03 PM »
Respect the flag our country and freedoms! these NFL players would not make be making millions WE would be speaking German.

dan19n

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Stand Up (NFL)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 07:53:47 AM »
I do AGREE WE SHOULD ALL STAND WITH RESPECT FOR THE FLAG. Too many people have died for our flag. around the world in wars that did much good for everyone. Please,, it is just a football game,,, sports (not politics), just play the game and be thankful you have JOb!! I wonder just how many players have served in our military?  I do not care for or watch football,, they make no money from me,,, i hope you get the picture. As for  NASCAR abd HOCKEY,, thank you for keeping out of this terrible injustice to the people of the UNITED STATES... ,,........

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Stand Up (NFL)
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 04:52:03 PM »
I'll go along with Richard Childress and Richard Petty....

Two NASCAR team owners — Richard Childress and Richard Petty — were quoted Sunday in the Associated Press condemning those who protest during the national anthem.

"It'll get you a ride on a Greyhound bus," said Childress, the man for whom Junior's late father, seven-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Dale Earnhardt, drove for 18 years. "Anybody that works for me should respect the country we live in. So many people gave their lives for it. This is America."

Added Petty, also a seven-time Cup Series champion: "Anybody that don't stand up for the anthem oughta be out of the country. Period. What got ’em where they’re at? The United States."

Petty clarified that any protester at Richard Petty Motorsports would indeed be "fired."

As one of my buddies said to me today, when we were discussing this subject.............We go to the Blue Cross Arena in Rochester, for a hockey game. Many times, the opposing team is from Canada, and for them, we also play the Canadian National Anthem. And as ladies and gentlemen, we in the grandstands, as well as both teams, stand for the Anthems, out of respect.