Author Topic: Alternative facts...News outlets...etc.  (Read 3415 times)

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Alternative facts...News outlets...etc.
« on: February 03, 2017, 07:00:45 AM »
 I did not vote for Trump nor Clinton, I exercised my right and voted for myself and as I looked at my ballot I said to myself "this is just wrong." 

Once Trump was elected I was glad for my country as he offers hope to those who have none or lost it.  I have mixed feelings about his Presidency.  Some suggest he is mentally ill and at times I tend to believe so.  I question the extreme views of Bannon and the major role he serves as an advisor.

Kellyanne Conway whom I consider brilliant said this on 1/2  http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/03/politics/conway-bowling-green/index.html.  Cant we have more responsible people?

CNN and other major news sources have failed to include the term "Temporary" when discussing the "Immigration Ban".  This was pointed out by Glenn Beck in an interview with Anderson Cooper on 1/2.  I'm no fan of Beck's but isn't he correct?

We are in a very different time nowadays.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 07:07:39 AM by Way 2 Lo »
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative facts...News outlets...etc.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 08:16:59 AM »
SADLY, the "news outlets", in my humble opinion, have become a political party of their own. While they have, in the recent past, "leaned left", it appears that they have moved "far left", and are most definitely are trying to influence the outcome of elections......which is hilarious, in a sense, since they've been banging the drum about foreign countries trying to do the same. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

I think it stems from the advent of cable TV, and it's 24/7 format. In an effort to attract viewers, each of the current proliferation of "news outlets" is scrambling to offer, in a sense, "better news", somewhat like the older TV networks tried to offer better sit-coms. And if there's no "better news" to attract viewers with, well, maybe you have to spice up the reality.....think back to the earlier times, when the "news" was broadcast only 3, maybe 4 times a day, for a maximum of 30 minutes, and you'll understand what I mean.

Last week was interesting, as the "news hawks" got called out by former White House Press Secretary, Ari Fleischer. Seems Mr. Fleischer was interviewed, and later, when the MSM broadcast the interview, they creatively edited the clip, to completely reverse the meaning of what Mr. Fleischer had actually said......and he got a little upset....and he still has a little bit of clout. Of course, many of the news outlets didn't cover this side of the story, and chose to "cover their butts".

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

m15mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 01:49:06 PM »
The corruption in our country starts at the top and works its way down. Corrupt politicians are business partners with the news media. One doesn't exist, or get rich, without the other.
Race hard or DIE!

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 05:45:33 PM »
The corruption in our country starts at the top and works its way down. Corrupt politicians are business partners with the news media. One doesn't exist, or get rich, without the other.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but MANY "news" people are actually married to office holding politicians.....

m15mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 04:04:09 PM »
 Yes I know that

Race hard or DIE!