Author Topic: Todd Parrot suspension?  (Read 9470 times)

mod68

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Todd Parrot suspension?
« on: October 22, 2013, 12:11:25 PM »
Anyone have any insight into what he was caught with?

Anything serious, or just another over the counter mixture gone-a-muck?

Gomerpyle

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
Re: Todd Parrot suspension?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 12:22:39 PM »
Genny Cream Ale pounders.............out of a can!
Kareem of Wheet

raceguy

• Champion
  • Duane ~ a.k.a. "The Motorin' Mexican"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 12:53:02 PM »

Suspended and the $hits....poor fella.  :o

oddball5c

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 01:57:09 PM »

Suspended and the $hits....poor fella.  :o
^^^ Now that's funny!!!

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 06:41:32 PM »
Yeah..nothing worse than a loose rear end.  ???
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

rsk1139

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 01:08:20 AM »
I think NASCAR should only drug test the drivers.

mod68

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 02:10:14 PM »
I always felt, how I (or you) choose to indulge away from work is nobody's Effing business!

I think nascar has taken this "policy" a little to far.

Get the f*&k out of my back pocket and just concern yourself with how I conduct myself at the race track ONLY!

Think your local Dr, or Dentist hasn't indulged every now and again??? Think twice friends.......Think twice.

Shamrock 3x

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 03:02:17 PM »
So what exactly did they catch Mr. Parrot doing?

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 03:54:37 PM »
Petty sent him packing..

Turbo01

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 04:32:41 PM »
What ever it was, he was already on the Road to Recovery program used by Nascar, so this must have been at least a second offense.

#2 Charger

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 07:42:06 AM »
For Those That Missed It:

Todd Parrot suspended by NASCAR UPDATE: Todd Parrott, a crew member in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (#43 team crew chief), has been indefinitely suspended from NASCAR for violating the sanctioning body's Substance Abuse Policy. On Oct. 17, Parrott was found to have violated Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing) and 19 (violation of the NASCAR Substance Abuse Policy) of the 2013 NASCAR Rule Book.(NASCAR)(10-17-2013)
UPDATE: Upon notification today that employee Todd Parrott had violated NASCAR's Substance Abuse Policy, Richard Petty Motorsports fully supports his indefinite suspension from NASCAR. Sammy Johns, Vice President of Operations and Competition, will handle crew chief duties on the #43 Ford this weekend at Talladega. He will also handle these duties on an interim basis until further notice. "We have an expectation of all RPM employees to conduct themselves at the highest level of professionalism and within the competitive confines as set forth by NASCAR," said Johns. "We are very disappointed that one of our employees did not meet our expectations and we completely support NASCAR, their policies and final decisions when it comes to the substance abuse policy."(RPM)(10-17-2013)

Shamrock 3x

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 07:47:31 AM »
Well, that's "something"....I guess, but I still don't know what he did / what he took / when or where the violation occurred, etc., etc. This is so typical of NASCAR. They put our a statement that says nothing and then let the speculation begin. Libel without specifics...beautiful!

Turbo01

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 10:14:46 AM »
My bad, I misread an article, he is just now entering the Road to Recovery program, I thought he was in it already.

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 10:24:26 AM »
Well, that's "something"....I guess, but I still don't know what he did / what he took / when or where the violation occurred, etc., etc. This is so typical of NASCAR. They put our a statement that says nothing and then let the speculation begin. Libel without specifics...beautiful!

Apparently, your definition of "libel" is much different than a dictionary's:

a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.
(red highlights, mine)...the reason may not have been stated as well as it should have, (then, again NASCAR has always held their cards close to the vest)--however it is NOT false as the individual has submitted to follow the guidelines outlined to return, so HE must think it's true!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 10:30:53 AM by raceannouncer »
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

Shamrock 3x

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 11:09:18 AM »
I figured my post would get a response like that from someone (bait displayed - Raceannouncer hooked), but whether the statement is true or false is kind of irrelevant. Sure, Parrot's camp would have a hard time proving libel in a court of law, but by NASCAR just putting their vague statement out there, it's still a...."statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation", if for no other reason than people love to assume guilt (hey, I saw it on the Internet, so it must be true), rather than waiting for some real proof. Of course in NASCAR's world, NOBODY gets to see any evidence or proof. Yes, I know that's how they've always done things and since it's their show, they can....but that still doesn't make it right. Let he (can you say, Brian France?) who is without guilt throw the first stone...another one bites the dust!