Author Topic: A Thread locking fetish?  (Read 7702 times)

Rodney

• Rookie
    • View Profile
A Thread locking fetish?
« on: August 09, 2017, 03:55:57 PM »
What's up with Paz's fetish for locking threads about Chemung. He posted a thread and locks it.

chief57

• Champion
  • NO Weasels
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread locking fetish?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 05:20:22 PM »
if you have been following the chemung saga he is probably just saving himself from having to lock it after the first two responses. i think he is giving a no response hint directly.
You can't buy intelligence, but I can give it away.

T20won

• Veteran
  • TEAM 20 RUSH Late Model
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 06:25:41 PM »
🔒🔒
Phil Knapp

kt

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 08:48:20 PM »
I prefer Loctite* brand myself.......
2020: New Smyrna (5)...Sebring...Penn Can...Mahoning Valley(2)...Lernerville...Lake Erie (4)...Chemung...Lancaster...

Rodney

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 09:59:35 PM »
Strange, I could have sworn that at the top it says "Racing Discussion". But we're not allowed to discuss racing at Chemung, if it involves Jimmy Z.

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 10:42:46 PM »
Way to politically correct on this site now,that's why people have gone to other forums.. too worried about hurting someone's feelings or bad mouthing a track or series that maybe deserves it....
No “I’m not interested in owning a track or promoting your series 😀”

sgt12

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 06:46:32 AM »
Do as I say, not as I do.....AKA -  press releases in the discussion section

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 07:34:19 AM »
I prefer Loctite* brand myself.......

Me too..........

Blue Loctite for fasteners that might need to be taken apart at a later time; Red Loctite for fasteners that we don't want to come apart, ever; and the little-known Green Loctite, for securing cylindrical surfaces, such as the inner race of a bearing, to the shaft it's riding on.

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 10:05:37 AM »
What's up with Paz's fetish for locking threads about Chemung. He posted a thread and locks it.

Fetish, Rodney?  Seriously??? The most recent Chemung threads showed little else other than unfounded accusations, bashing, name calling and disintegrating to a point where somebody just HAD to have the last word Discussion? Where?--plus the complaints I received on those threads did not come from the parties themselves; so, once again, it's a rock and hard place situation.  If I act too soon, I get criticized.  If I wait, the same thing happens!!!  I made the decision to prevent further unintelligent blather.  So build a bridge and get over it!  Once you do that...put a toll booth on the other side!  You'll make gobs of money!!!!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 10:24:23 AM by raceannouncer »
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2017, 10:21:23 AM »
Do as I say, not as I do.....AKA -  press releases in the discussion section

DON'T GO THERE!!! Another rock-and-hard place situation...Several times, I attempted, encouraged and even invited members to post such things where they belong and got bashed for doing so...Then, we have many members who try to thinly veil track events promotion by creating a topic or its own thread--or simply "hi-jack" a simple topic to do the same!

The main problem is that many members are just too freakin' lazy to use another mouse click to read results--even though a link to the proper section is provided!  And then what to do with members who create a topic to disguise promotion of track events? (If you think
i'm pointing a finger at you or somehow offended you...then chances are YOU are part of the problem!)
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2017, 10:53:15 AM »
Strange, I could have sworn that at the top it says "Racing Discussion". But we're not allowed to discuss racing at Chemung, if it involves Jimmy Z.

You're a trip, Rodney! I have always made it clear that I do not have "a dog in this fight".  I don't take sides (unless it involves me!...then, I'm  guilty as charged).  When and where there's actually REAL discussion in any thread (which most are), I do not get involved unless I get complaints or see it myself.  Whether or not it involves colorful rivalries, I could care less!

fastbackss

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2017, 03:19:23 PM »

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2017, 03:41:23 PM »

There is almost no "Racing Discussion" here any more.  90% of the threads belong in the Press Release section. 
Irv's Taking The Night Off.

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2017, 03:49:02 PM »

There is almost no "Racing Discussion" here any more.  90% of the threads belong in the Press Release section.

Exhibit "A"...

Gomerpyle

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2017, 08:47:52 PM »
I also heard Paz was seen burning books and old Playboys too.
Kareem of Wheet