Author Topic: Elegant builders speedway 2013 schedule  (Read 12900 times)

Openwheeler

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Elegant builders speedway 2013 schedule
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2013, 06:01:40 PM »
Until someone buys the facility outright nothing can or will change. The owner does not care if the place is a racetrack or dump, and why would someone leasing the property invest back into it knowing he will never get the return on investment since he is not the owner. Yes there needs to be a change in management but it will not make a dent in the problems until someone who cares purchases the facility outright and starts to invest in it.

Groundpounder

• Legend
  • If you can't Dodge it, Ram it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2013, 06:10:57 PM »
I'm just speculating here, but I don't think Tim had the authority to make the kinds of changes that would really matter.

...and why would someone leasing the property invest back into it knowing he will never get the return on investment since he is not the owner.

The last time this was brought up, someone, I believe it was Casper60, used the example of Jeremy Corcoran at Canadaigua as a lease holder that invested his own money into a facility.  I believe Jim Mazur has done the same at Raceway 5.
"Crate engines are to racing what Tofurkey is to Thanksgiving" - Karl Fredrickson
Distrust all men in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. - Friedrich Nietzsche
We are descended in spirit from revolutionaries and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. - D. Eisenhower

frontstretch

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2013, 08:17:07 PM »
Who in their right mind thinks there is a lease holder of a race track anywhere that has not invested some of his own money? Whether it's done to some fans satisfaction might be a topic for another discussion. Jeremy Corcoran and Jim Mazur are exceptional promoters who may only be out worked by each other. The proof is in the results.

Twizted

• Champion
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook & The Fan page
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2013, 11:25:07 PM »
no summer slam 100?

Twizted

• Champion
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook & The Fan page
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2013, 11:26:17 PM »
may 18th memorial race? what class?

Tigerpaw333

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2013, 01:07:01 AM »
I would assume it would be late models, consider that what the race has been the last two years. ;)
Dirt: Ransomville Speedway, Genesse Speedway Limerock
Asphalt: Lancaster  Hillside