Author Topic: phoenix coyotes  (Read 3444 times)

sabresfan70

• View Profile
phoenix coyotes
« on: August 26, 2009, 06:17:49 PM »
This has nothing to do with the league having its authority bypassed. This has to do with Bettman trying to keep teams in non hockey markets.Bad enough the league has about 9 more teams than it needs,but 4 of those are operating in the red.Phoenix is bankrupt,nashville and florida dont have a pot to ***** in.Tampa and
Carolina(even with a cup win) can barely make payroll.Phoenix as a hockey city blew it,doesnt need a second chance in this ecomony.
Plus operational cost alone will sink them.Hamilton is a great hockey town and has a guy with deep pockets behind it.Besides there over 100 pro hockey clubs(NHL,AHL,OHL,OJHL,QJHL) between rochester/Buffalo/hamilton/toronto/montreal territory,one more isnt going to hurt.If anything it forces the Sabres and Leafs to put a better product on the ice to boost attendence.

Gomerpyle

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
Re: phoenix coyotes
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 06:46:31 PM »
reverend!
Kareem of Wheet

Tigerpaw333

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 09:37:35 PM »
If anything should happen I think the coyotes should be move back to winnepeg spelling is wrong but bring back the jets!
Dirt: Ransomville Speedway, Genesse Speedway Limerock
Asphalt: Lancaster  Hillside

nothngcreative

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 10:35:26 PM »
This has nothing to do with the league having its authority bypassed. This has to do with Bettman trying to keep teams in non hockey markets.Bad enough the league has about 9 more teams than it needs,but 4 of those are operating in the red.Phoenix is bankrupt,nashville and florida dont have a pot to ***** in.Tampa and
Carolina(even with a cup win) can barely make payroll.Phoenix as a hockey city blew it,doesnt need a second chance in this ecomony.
Plus operational cost alone will sink them.Hamilton is a great hockey town and has a guy with deep pockets behind it.Besides there over 100 pro hockey clubs(NHL,AHL,OHL,OJHL,QJHL) between rochester/Buffalo/hamilton/toronto/montreal territory,one more isnt going to hurt.If anything it forces the Sabres and Leafs to put a better product on the ice to boost attendence.

Actually the NHL is smarter than you think. because if you look at it in the true light for what it really is you would see there is alot more to it than just the moron Ballsillie trying to relocate a team. First winning sells tickets point blank no question about it. Buffalo before making a few runs to the ECF were bottom 5 teams in the NHL in attendance. Tampa was #2 after a cup win. But also numbers are very open to interpretation. Detroit is always high on the figures BUT watch a Wings game and tell me Joe Louis arena is any more than half full.

Florida teams need to work harder than conventional market teams seeing it is a sport that has been recently introduced to the area. But if we are looking for teams to fold how about New Jersey? There is a team like Detroit that does not draw well at all. But unlike Detroit the numbers show the weak gate figures. How about Colorado? another horrible drawing team. How about LA? For a city that has so much money, residents find much better things to spend their money on. The fact is if you are a top 25 team in attendance figures you should be doing very well.

The NHL is a private club that people like Ballsillie cannot just push their way into. Money makes the world go around, but all these owners have plenty of it and really do not need his money. For people saying relocate the Coyotes from Phoenix I will say look how well that worked last time. Yeah not so much. Once the shine of the new toy wears off they will be back in the same spot they were when they got moved. Hell even businesses in Winnipeg would not come to the plate to save that franchise before it moved.

Toronto the "mecca" of the NHL is not going to allow the remote possibility of another team coming and pissing on their parade. they love the fact they have a 18 year waiting list for season tickets. Montreal another one of the "mecca" teams would not have it either. Guarantee it. Unless the new team was forced to hand over fistfulls of money to the teams that they may be infringing on. As far as Rochester.. Not a chance. There is no money in the city to build a new arena 'which they would need' and the Amerks don't even draw that great. Rochester is just not an NHL city. Sorry for going on a rant, but this is a subject I love debating. Sabresfan70 I actually did write an article that questioned exactly what you talked about in you last comment. Once I had sat down and talked to some people in the know with the NHL, I understood how difficult at best that would be.

2ol2

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 11:27:02 AM »
hockeys popularity on a national scale is right between roller derby and pocket pool

cupcake13z51

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 06:46:09 PM »
Hockey rules.
Bubba Army Bubba Army Bubba Army !!!