Author Topic: Chemung Speedromes Leo Stapleton Passes  (Read 3792 times)

papa-bear-72

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Chemung Speedromes Leo Stapleton Passes
« on: December 02, 2014, 04:48:48 PM »
It is with heavy hearts that the Chemung Speedrome family announces the loss of Leo of Stapleton. Leo is the father of track builder and operator Bob   Stapleton. Leo played a huge role in the building of the Speedrome and worked very hard along with Bob to make Chemung the beautiful racing facility that it is today. His dedication was second to none and could always be seen at the track, working hard behind the scenes to make sure the night's racing went smooth. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Stapleton family in their time of sorrow. Gods speed Leo,  RIP  :'( 
Ray Hodge:  Race Director Chemung Speedrome

Chriszak7

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Chemung Speedromes Leo Stapleton Passes
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 05:28:36 PM »
If there ever was a good guy in this sport it would be Leo. He was always behind the scenes making sure the track was operating smoothly. Never complained and always had his fedora on with a smile. He was always there saturday mornings picking up trash from the bleachers and never missed a single wrapper. He had a great sense of humor and I loved making him laugh because his giggle was so fun to listen too. Even when times were tough at the drome Louie always stood behind his son with full support. Rest in piece Louie!!

harris9cat

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 06:41:03 PM »
Rest in peace. condolences to the Stapleton family

RustyDodge

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 11:15:13 AM »
My thoughts and prayers to Bob and Leo's entire family.  Worked with him for 10 years at the Drome and the memories of that time will be always in my heart.  Never met a better man that did so much and never got his credit.  I am proud to call him a friend.  RIP and God speed my friend.

Team 51

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 05:43:36 PM »
Yes A great man indeed , I had the pleasure of working side by side with him raking the side hill from top to bottom at the speedway, remember it well , Bob bought a dozen rakes for all the Teeny Boppers that showed up in their short shorts and flip flops to work they were really excited to show off, once they found out that there was actually going to be work , they hit the bricks , Leo said well I guess it's up to us old timers , so at it we was , I had a great time and got allot done to boot , he was very funny , great sense of humor , RIP little buddy , Rest now

raceguy

• Champion
  • Duane ~ a.k.a. "The Motorin' Mexican"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 10:50:45 PM »
Condolences and sympathies to the entire family....

Larry756

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 06:41:25 PM »
my thought and prayers go out to the Stapletons
Larry C McCormick

In Loving Memory of my son
Matthew C McCormick
(Big Country)
01/16/73 - 12/30/2002

Victory77

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 11:08:46 AM »
Thank you for posting a message or leaving a text messages, sending a card or signing the guestbook at star gazette,
 sure will miss Him.. thanks Bob and family

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/star-gazette/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=173358191