Author Topic: IMCA Series race at Weedsport  (Read 7062 times)

ask0329

IMCA Series race at Weedsport
« on: November 26, 2014, 07:40:36 AM »
Rich Keller has released some info on the series race he has been working on. He is looking for feed back and tenative commitments to keep this rolling. Here are some of the details.

Provided everything works out the race would be IMCA sanctioned and an Empire Series race. It would be at Weedsport Speedway possibly in May with the WOO also on the card!!!! The purse he is playing around with so far is $2,500.00 to win and $175 to take the green and no big drop off in purse after first. If we get 50 or more cars there will be a B main that is $300 to win and $75 to take the green. Yes for the B Main!!!! There will also be lap money contingencies and there are allot of prizes being offered.

If you know Rich please contact him with your support. He's looking to hear from drivers that are interested in racing. If you dont know Rich, please leave a msg on here and I will get him your info.

If anyone is looking to help out sponsor wise, please contact me via PM and I will get you Rich's contact info.  Please spread the word to any drivers who may not be on this site or on IMCA Northeast Facebook page. We need to get the word out and support. This could be huge for the class and hopefully jump start interest back into the class. If this works out with solid counts, there is the potential for more. Lets do this fellas.

ask0329

Re: IMCA Series race at Weedsport
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 08:25:28 AM »
/\

ask0329

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 08:19:11 AM »
Great interview with Rich Keller on Dougs Dirt Diary. Please give it a listen and some more details on the big weedsport race. any drivers out there please pass along the info to anyone with an IMCA racecar. Please contact me on here and I will get you Rich's contact info or Rich directly. We need to get some support for this show as its going to be huge. Any drivers that want to do this race or anyone thats willing to help out sponsorship wise.

The goal is atleast 50 cars. We can do this fellas. We get 50 cars and the B main will payout on par with a normal series race. This is a huge opportunity for the class. More details in the interview.

http://www.dougsdirtdiary.com/audioplayer.php?id=20535

ask0329

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 07:33:52 AM »
It was announced yesterday that this race will not be happening due to scheduling conflicts. Thank you everyone for your support and help. Hopefully we can maybe look towards 2016 for a series race at weedsport. Look for other details in the future as there are some other things in the works for big races. Rich is 100% committed to this class and there will be allot of positive things in 2015.

harris9cat

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 08:12:42 AM »
That sucks.so let's have a no sanctioned race.pit the same $ on it and cars will come

ask0329

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 08:25:46 AM »
Got a phone call yesterday from Rich, this race is not dead yet. There is a new date in May. I will put the details out there when he released them but its looking like Sunday May 3rd is the new date.

harris9cat

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 10:17:27 AM »
Rich we need more info plz

ask0329

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 12:30:58 PM »
Per Rich Kellers last post on IMCA Northeast Facebook.

"Hey everyone big update   First all that have ask me about sponsoring you can call me or text me 315 345-7810 , pre registration is 20 dollars must be sent to me by march 15th after that registration in 30 dollars  IMCA license is mandatory  there will be a complete pre and post inspection gates open at 3 pm inspection starts at 330 pm this is a IMCA sanction race all IMCA rules will apply this is a empire series race. There will be 4 techs on hand   This will be  as it is at Boone. It's go time I need all that are planing on racing to post and let me know this is very important at this time my goal is 50 cars for our first year hopefully we get more. If we get 50 we will have a b main. Lady's and gentlemen I have busted my butt to make this happen this is a must for our IMCA we have a Hugh opportunity to show the northeast how awesome this class is. So please start posting so we can make this big I hope every IMCA in the entire northeast show up 2500 to win that's Hugh guys  Hugh and it's happening right here at WEEDSPORT SPEEDWAY hell yeah . Now for even more great news not only will the winner get 2500  there will be lap money there will be position money there will be big contingencies for different positions  now are you ready for this I'm working on top three position trophy to be 6' 4' 3' and our main feature will be 30 laps and the reason for that is the race is called IMCA modified northeast shootout.  Key word shootout the winner will receive a brand new Winchester 30/30 rifle engraved with a IMCA 1st annual northeast shootout   Very important winner MUST COMPLY WITH ALL NEW YORK STATE REGULATION  this is a must and the only way I can pull this off   This is so cool I'm really looking forward to here from all of you . A formal press release will be coming in just  days this will be in the area auto the IMCA post  and many other media sources stay tune and again I need to here from all now don't wait the quicker we hit 50 the more there is  I will be posting all sponsors and moneys in press release  lets go IMCA"

May 3rd
Pits are $25

Pre registration is $20 or $30 day of show
More sponsors to be announced.
IMCA is doing a press release.

and on a side note, 4 techs doing pre race tech and checking licenses. Never thought I would see the day. Its glad to see Rich has the heart and know all to do something like this and do it right!!!!!

harris9cat

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 05:31:32 PM »
Sounds good.don't really like the 55$ just to get in the gate but that's what he has to do I get it.I.ll only be bringing one car not all 3 30 is better than 90 LOL.I don't do Facebook so plz keep race by up to speed GOOD LUCK

ask0329

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 07:07:50 AM »
Did you find the $50 to get in the door at the series race at fulton for $75 to start and $400 to win was acceptable? C'mon now. I see allot of the advertisements for races all around the country and pretty much anything over 2K to win has an entry fee.

Heres a link to the press release from Weedsport Speedway.

http://www.weedsportspeedway.com/news/imca-dirt-modified-northeast-shootout-to-open-2015-season/

I no longer have a dog in this fight as i sold my IMCA for a late model but I'll try to post updates as i see them.

harris9cat

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 07:43:04 AM »
Like I said I get why its 55$ that do t mean I like it lol

dirtfan07

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 10:32:09 AM »
I am willing to help out a NEPA or Southern Tier IMCA team that wants to attend but may need help. I have a nice 4 door truck and access to a completely legal open trailer. I'll haul for you free of charge. I can make my shop available if needed prior to this race. I'll pit for you if you want or I'll stay out of your way; your choice. If your interested, PM me and we can figure out the details
Simpson Racing.... We put the F-U in fun

ask0329