Author Topic: Dead Weight  (Read 5547 times)

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
Dead Weight
« on: September 13, 2017, 09:22:47 AM »
Looks like Stewart-Haas got rid of some more dead weight yesterday.  Anybody think it's the end of the line in NASCAR for Danica?  Lately she's really been promoting health and fitness.  Would you be surprised to see her involved with that exclusively instead of racing going forward? Or, is there a ride out there for her?
Irv's Taking The Night Off.

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Weight
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 09:53:42 AM »
Yes. His name is Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.

Those were her only trips to VL in NASCAR.

mark10leck

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 11:44:09 AM »

Love that answer Sunny.

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 12:22:58 PM »
I got into this conversation with a couple of guys at Canandaigua the last race there.

Yes, Danica is a skilled race car driver. Yes, she does a couple things I cannot (racing and yoga). She is a great role model for young women. However, she did not live up to the expectations of Robert Yates, who thought she would be a great addition to NASCAR, and her sponsors seem to be headed the way of the dodo. Those gentlemen kindly reminded me that she won an IndyCar race. She did. Three Ring Motegi, because they called it due to rain. (Much like Kyle Petty won Watkins Glen.)

I absolutely think she should stay involved in motorsports. Again, she is a great role model, letting your women know they can be anything they want to be. (She could be a little nicer while doing it, for sure.) Maybe someone will bring her back to IndyCar. :shrug: They could use the PR.

ask0329

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 12:53:17 PM »
Yes, she does a couple things I cannot (racing and yoga).

Strongly disagree. You can do anything you want in life with determination and will power. (not the racecar driver Will Power)  You just have to want it bad enough.

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 02:08:33 PM »
L-O-N-G overdue!!!
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 03:20:38 PM »
Yes, Danica is a skilled race car driver.

:o :o :o :o :o :o   ???  ::)   :)  :D  ;D  ;D ;D ;D   HAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

good one Sunny.   ( yes also a good role model for teaching young girls that lack of talent can be overcome with a killer butt)

bye bye Dani
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

Danica

• Veteran
  • Banging Aaron Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 07:34:09 PM »
Kinserfan11 must be crushed.

Hoosierfan22

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 07:50:10 PM »
Those gentlemen kindly reminded me that she won an IndyCar race. She did. Three Ring Motegi, because they called it due to rain. (Much like Kyle Petty won Watkins Glen.)

She didn't win due to rain.  The top 5 ran out of fuel in Japan which is basically the same thing as a rain shortened race to me.  If I remember correctly Robby Gondon called it a year prior to her win saying she should win due to her weighing alot less then the men as it would help with handling and fuel mileage.  He was scolded at the time for the comments but he was right.

Gomerpyle

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 07:59:58 PM »
I'll Take her.
Kareem of Wheet

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 07:40:54 AM »
Those gentlemen kindly reminded me that she won an IndyCar race. She did. Three Ring Motegi, because they called it due to rain. (Much like Kyle Petty won Watkins Glen.)

She didn't win due to rain.  The top 5 ran out of fuel in Japan which is basically the same thing as a rain shortened race to me.  If I remember correctly Robby Gondon called it a year prior to her win saying she should win due to her weighing alot less then the men as it would help with handling and fuel mileage.  He was scolded at the time for the comments but he was right.

Either way, she didn't really RACE for a win.

Ernie

• Champion
  • They hate the Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 09:37:33 AM »

Either way, she didn't really RACE for a win.

But she won, all the same.
They REALLY hate the truth :)

itchypav

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 10:38:03 AM »
Net worth $60 Million - Now that's dead weight hey?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 10:45:50 AM by itchypav »

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 12:29:38 PM »
Net worth $60 Million - Now that's dead weight hey?

Hard to argue with.  She made a butt load sucking so bad. 
Irv's Taking The Night Off.

bentracer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2017, 09:05:48 PM »
Who's the dead weight S.H. GOT RID OF K.B. ?