Author Topic: kudos to nascar  (Read 3392 times)

kozmo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
kudos to nascar
« on: February 18, 2014, 08:46:55 PM »
That modified race was much better. Them changes that nascar made to the track really help very good modified race

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
Re: kudos to nascar
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 09:24:12 PM »
Really? much better? Preece leads every lap and was going to win this going away till he screwed up with the 36 with
9 to go. Coby was good you could see that but Patrick I feel sorry for. He had a real shot at the win restarting outside
Preece who had that bent wheel, but just lost it on the restart. Some reports Preece tagged him but sure didn't look like
it on the tube. Nice job by Barrett and JR Betuccio coming from way back. Anybody know what happened to Jimmy Zach?
They didn't say on Fox.
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

kozmo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 09:56:18 PM »
Mike look at last year that race was horrible this tear was so much better didn't have a caution every lap

Ernie

• Champion
  • They hate the Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 10:23:14 PM »
Jimmy had elec problems.
They REALLY hate the truth :)

reddog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 11:02:26 PM »
Wonder what kind of race it would be if held at New Smyrna? I'm sure you would see some passing on the outside,at least better then Nascraps track

therealdeal

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 10:38:26 AM »
I still say let em go on the big track

Cliff04

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 11:37:10 AM »
They did back in 70's and early 80's.  First on the road course then on the big track.  It got way out of hand with purpose built speedy cars.  But some of those cars were beautiful creations

thelegend30

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • DelGrosso Brothers Racing
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 11:49:43 AM »
Both races last year were crash fests. I though Kenzi Ruston was gonna get that K&N east race. Much better racing this year than last year.
Driver #11 FWD for DelGrosso Brothers Racing
2014 & 2015 Woodhull Raceway FWD Track Champion
2018 The Hill Speedway FWD Track Champion

Willie41

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 12:38:50 PM »
I sat down last night, in full anticipation of turning the channel after about 15 minutes. I was pleased to see that they were able to go more than 5 laps w/o a caution. I think the track reconfiguration made a big difference. It is still a tough track to pass on though. You either had to power your way by within the confines of 1 straight away, or hope that the guy u are behind will overdrive the turn & you could sneak under to complete the pass. I don't see this as a problem as no 2 tracks are the same.

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 02:03:53 PM »
Good race Preece was a rocket good to see emerling up front good racing the last few laps.

Torpedotom

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Epic Ventures Motorsports Group
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 11:36:12 PM »
Better race than last year, Bowman Grey style racing required considering track, beef up the front bumpers and do it again.
Tom Fecteau
I've got a lot of stories and a few of them are even true. I've just forgotten which are which.