Author Topic: Chemung Speedrome  (Read 15111 times)

sharpsteenracing2

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Chemung Speedrome
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2013, 10:43:04 PM »
I think it was our dad. He raced there around that time.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 10:45:39 PM by sharpsteenracing2 »

Ernie

• Champion
  • They hate the Truth
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2013, 10:26:50 AM »
looks like NASCAR bought john white a new garage for his camper for the off season...
12:29 am must be another alcohol induced comment from the genius fan club!  :o

Just consider the source. I'm surprised that DB's MiniMe hasn't piped up yet.
They REALLY hate the truth :)

Torpedotom

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Epic Ventures Motorsports Group
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2013, 10:34:59 PM »
I was there for the 2 opener specials in late 2000 and we pitted outside with a sportmod. No flats but tires brought back lots of stones. Also there sometimes was a delay in the program because of the long tow back for the wreckers (I gave them a bit of a workout at both events).

If I had a legends or 4 cyl or superstock I would want to be outside the pits so I could enjoy the show and facilities as well as race. The top classes look cool to the fans parked in pit stalls. Just one racer, car owner, fan's thoughts.
Tom Fecteau
I've got a lot of stories and a few of them are even true. I've just forgotten which are which.

sharpy

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2014, 11:12:41 AM »
There's never been a rule saying you have to park somewhere at the drone. If you wanna park outside do it!!!!!! We have! You just tell an official you may need an extra lap if you have a problem and they're fine with it. If you wanna park in the infield then do it! That's what's nice about it. Park where you flippen feel like and if that's your favorite spot put a sign up and out of common courtesy no one parks there! What a dead horse beating discussion about parking.  ::)

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2014, 11:52:51 AM »
"The top classes look cool to the fans parked in pit stalls. Just one racer, car owner, fan's thoughts."

I couldn't agree more. Chemung, Spencer and Lancaster (when they do it) offer that aspect of the race

with pit road action.  A little harrier for the crews but hey...if it adds to the show I'm all for it.

( now all they guys that hate tugging/pushing pit boxes are cussing me)  ;D   Oh well.  ???
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."