Author Topic: Where are They Now  (Read 270302 times)

bakes

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Where are They Now
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2010, 12:09:13 AM »
    Down at ole shangri-la i wish i could remember the year ?? This happen in the Mods the body style wasnt like they r today .. But coming out of turn 3 the car broke loose and hit the white poll ( just like a telephone poll but cut in half ) in turn 4 at the start of the wall . I remember the car going about 5 -7 feet in the air and coming back down onto the track .... I may have the driver wrong but was that Wayne Edwards ??? The car was white and blue #20
Yep, that was Wayne.   Several years later that same car reappeared at the track, painted white with a green #K21 on it and driven by Rich Raffety.

bakes

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2010, 12:11:21 AM »
How about Mark Fluery?
Had to laugh that your post was post #52, Mark's old number...

Mark went to law school and became a lawyer.  Don't know if he's still living in the Nassau, NY area or not.

ole bones

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2010, 07:39:24 AM »
The #20 was Wayne's car a Sonny Seamon pinto.  The 48 Stumpjumper  was Bucky's race car and I might add" Lou Lou's kitchen" as she always said.

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2010, 08:18:21 AM »
Whats wee willie watson doing and JR Hanley, don hawn, gary yanko,howard maybe,jim jividen, paul beach and ken riemer...

68mustangfb

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2010, 08:28:45 AM »
    Down at ole shangri-la i wish i could remember the year ?? This happen in the Mods the body style wasnt like they r today .. But coming out of turn 3 the car broke loose and hit the white poll ( just like a telephone poll but cut in half ) in turn 4 at the start of the wall . I remember the car going about 5 -7 feet in the air and coming back down onto the track .... I may have the driver wrong but was that Wayne Edwards ??? The car was white and blue #20

As others have said it was W.E. in the #20 and if I recall right Dave Kotary was involved in the same mis-hap that evening along with Wayne !! I remember as I was sitting in turn four and a whole bunch of kids came running down from the main grandstands towards the wreck as Wayne was passed out in the car for a few minutes before he came to, I later learned after getting to know that "bunch" much better that most of them were Wayne's kids as well as other family members.. (I think that's why they needed the "school bus / race car hauler" to get to the racetrack every week )!! lol   A great bunch of people I might add !! JMO
Mods,  Pa. possie; 410 sprint
RACING !

racefan61

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2010, 11:12:36 PM »
i forgot he did use a schoolbus/car hauler ... Just remembered a few of the LM drivers Dave Jackson   Glenn Lapollis <--- think name spelled wrong and Chuck Winslow <--- i do remember him driving a green w/black strip i do believe was the color #61 .. I know one night at shang coming down front straight this happen in front of me he was running in top 3 something broke or engine blowed sending him into a spin scattering everyone because of all the fluid he left... I do know these days he devotes his time helping his sons race at Blackrock...  Anyone else remember any LM drivers and don't worry i know what CRAZY GEORGE has been up to... I think he may have been the only one to hold it to the floor and dirt track it through the corners at shang..
           wouldnt want that tire bill after he raced     

Mtroyerfan6

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2010, 11:42:05 PM »
How about Tom Schwarz. The 07 car. He has a HUGE collectible store in Endwell and is usually up at SL2 with his trailer.

bassman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2010, 08:32:33 AM »
 Eddie Doebler, Tiger Smith, Ed Bidlack and what about John Hellmer who drove a yellow #4 car in the modified division?

geokent26

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2010, 08:45:02 AM »
Ed Bidlack is still  living in Wyalusing PA, he owns business Heating Equipment!!!

ModRoCmaniac

« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2010, 08:49:19 AM »
yep wasnt it winslow that got his haircut on a bet @ the ole Shangri~La...& who the Heck was always Hollerin Jiiiiiimmy ! lol...man i used to take the Trailways bus down there elmira town & walk to the track - ride home w/Mickey Marollo ~ whew poor Mike...can still smell them spiedies mmmmmm

68mustangfb

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2010, 08:50:13 AM »
i forgot he did use a schoolbus/car hauler ... Just remembered a few of the LM drivers Dave Jackson   Glenn Lapollis <--- think name spelled wrong and Chuck Winslow <--- i do remember him driving a green w/black strip i do believe was the color #61 .. I know one night at shang coming down front straight this happen in front of me he was running in top 3 something broke or engine blowed sending him into a spin scattering everyone because of all the fluid he left... I do know these days he devotes his time helping his sons race at Blackrock...  Anyone else remember any LM drivers and don't worry i know what CRAZY GEORGE has been up to... I think he may have been the only one to hold it to the floor and dirt track it through the corners at shang..
           wouldnt want that tire bill after he raced   

Here's a few drivers not sure weather you consider them LM or SS drivers (back then they called them either one / BOTH)!  All depends who you talked to ! With what all that was done to the cars, One really couldn't consider them Street Stocks ? JMO;
RC Wilcox   #37
Tiger Smith  #26
Gordy Smith  #34
Wayne Lent #20
Bill Chandler  #12
Billy Zack  #17
Lyle Williams  #5
Brad Smales  #41
Ricky Zack  #71
Fred Quail  #40
Doug Depew  #22
Ron Mesmer  #75 spl ?
Barry Bowen  #47
Walt Romanik  # ?
Ed McGuire  #51
Eddy Dobler  #25
Chris Pozzi  #8
Mike Letho  #2
Dick Finnerty #3
John Preston  #72
Tommy Zack  #?
I know there are several more, getting old ?? LOL

RACING !

ModRoCmaniac

« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2010, 08:55:03 AM »
watched Doug Depew race @ Dunn Hill a bit (hmmmm yep i seen a lill dirt fly)& he used to come hang out @ Twin Tier Tire where i worked back then & Gyp was 1 of his sponsors

68mustangfb

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2010, 09:01:53 AM »
watched Doug Depew race @ Dunn Hill a bit (hmmmm yep i seen a lill dirt fly)& he used to come hang out @ Twin Tier Tire where i worked back then & Gyp was 1 of his sponsors

Yea, I understand doug is having a little heart problem. He was just in the Hospital a little while back and had to have a stint put in. Haven't heard anything since ? His wife gets on raceny and post every so often !! She was the best crew-chief there was back then !! LOL  jmo
RACING !

ModRoCmaniac

« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2010, 09:08:24 AM »
WOW...bummer about ole Doug hope he recovers well ~ he was a fun guy to be around always had me laffin...yep his wife ran a tite ship 1 heck of a crew chief...man the memories ~ yep gittin old lol

Rocket88

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2010, 04:52:29 PM »
Doesn't Ed McGuire own an SST?
Support your local racer