Author Topic: Wall Stadium Turkey Derby XLV  (Read 3769 times)

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Wall Stadium Turkey Derby XLV
« on: November 17, 2018, 09:10:34 AM »
One week away from a more than fully stacked field of some of the best modifieds around..just a reminder,they closed the pits at 10am last year (yes a promotor gave up a full day of BACK GATE $$$) because of the Huge crowd.If you’ve never been,this is MUST SEE racing.
No “I’m not interested in owning a track or promoting your series 😀”

Ghost Of Ac Speedway

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Wall Stadium Turkey Derby XLV
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 07:28:26 AM »
  Will be there Friday if you are going Saturday" get there really early "or you can not park on sight  if you have handicap parking you can park along the fence on the road by the pits. Over 20 tour Mods there yesterday practicing .

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 04:06:00 PM »
Over 80 cars total for practice weekend..best of the best in NE modified drivers race Turkey Derby...

roblaskowski99

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 04:53:09 PM »
They ended up getting the show in    27 cars   Hirschman set fast time.
Lead more than half of the race and got dumped by blewett twice.  Top 6:  36-Sapienza 76z-Zeiner 43-Frees 14-Barney 76-Blewett 60-Hirschman     I was told the crowd was decent not great.

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 05:45:21 PM »
Great race and time as usual and congrats to Sap.. 29 cars and two scratched before time trials. Crowd a little lite due to forecast. Rain hit at 5 and the Wall Mods will run tomorrow at 10.. Nite 2 at Woodys begins now..

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 09:41:25 PM »
The dirt modifieds put on a great show on asphalt..they need to scrap the late models,every class was more than full but less then 10 late models is a waste..

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 10:42:45 PM »
I was told the crowd was decent not great.

That is correct. Smallest TD crowd I've seem there. And they are losing one more as I'll never go back there.

FJB FWS
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

fastbackss

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 09:16:38 AM »
I was told the crowd was decent not great.

That is correct. Smallest TD crowd I've seem there. And they are losing one more as I'll never go back there.

FJB FWS

I presumed you weren't going to go anyway!

As soon as I saw Matt get roughed up (even the first time) I thought of you "good thing Utica isn't here for this."

I stopped in yesterday as I was getting on the road (I didn't have time to stay for the Wall mod feature which bummed me out), but I have to say the number of people that returned was surprising to me.  It was likely close to, if not bigger, than the Friday crowd.

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2018, 08:31:43 PM »
This was my 4th TD and 5th trip there total.  No need for more.

I can take the driving "so called" by JB. Others have done that at other places

but no track I've seen has their "homeboy" like this place.

It's embarrassing really and it wasn't just Matt he was running , it was others as well.

The black flag should have had him in the pits long before his final shot.  The place is a joke.
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

Hoosierfan22

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2018, 03:42:50 PM »
I know many people that didn't go back this year due to the incident involving Chase Dowling in the Consi last year.   Favoritism will shut down a track quicker than social media.

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2018, 11:05:06 PM »
Weather played a factor this year both with cars and fans.A couple guys bailed cuz it was supposed to rain Saturday.Other than Classic it’s probably the biggest open wheel event of the year in our area ..Racing in all divisions was good.The Mod race didn’t go well for Matt, he sure was going well.In consolation to UM,Jimmy did say some good things about Matt at Woodys the nite before.Kudos to our own Andy J,he had the Mislin mod hooked up and going forward early on.Its too bad more New York guys don’t go.Got to pit for, along with the Boehler crew for up and comer Matt Swanson in the Kluth 27. First time at wall and a fine top ten finish...Can’t wait till next year..

Ghost Of Ac Speedway

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2018, 01:40:33 PM »
 I remember 1 time when he got thrown out of wall that they had a banner plan flying over head saying "Bring Jimmy Back " he has always been that way