Author Topic: R.I.P. Gordy  (Read 2903 times)

The Race Report

• Rookie
    • View Profile
R.I.P. Gordy
« on: November 20, 2016, 04:36:04 PM »
One of my favorite people.  Glad I could be there when he was inducted into the Tri-Cities Dragway Hall of Fame.

I love the last sentence in his obit.

Gordy Isham, 75, of Windsor passed away on Thursday, November 17 at Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, after a brief illness. He is survived by his wife, MaryAnn and their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. Gordy graduated from Harpursville High school and served in the U.S. Army. Gordy and MaryAnn owned Gordy's Place in Damascus, The Town Diner in Susquehanna, The Windsor Tavern and M & G Firewood in Windsor, and many other businesses through the years. Gordy was especially known for his long racing career which included many tracks in the Northeast. A Celebration of Life will be held on Saturday, December 3rd at the Windsor Community House, 107 Main Street, Windsor NY from 1-4:00 pm. In Lieu of flowers, take a friend out to lunch.

24KC

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: R.I.P. Gordy
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 05:37:57 PM »
Sad news. Have a lot of great memories with Gordy. He is one of the ones I watched as a kid and later got to call him a friend. I even got to race against Gordy.

bakes

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: R.I.P. Gordy
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 01:23:31 AM »
Gordy was more than a racer, he was one of the threads that made up the fabric of racing in the Windsor area.  Remember watching him as a kid at Shangri-La and then many years later having a cold one in his bar after work one night when I was working a summer at ASI.  RIP "Flying Fossil."