Author Topic: ATTENTION: Canandaigua pure/street/pro stock teams!  (Read 4654 times)

sharpd12

• Veteran
    • View Profile
ATTENTION: Canandaigua pure/street/pro stock teams!
« on: October 30, 2016, 01:47:30 PM »
STREET/PRO STOCK/PURE STOCKS at CMP
We have scheduled a drivers meeting on SATURDAY NOVEMBER 5TH, 11am, at the Moose Lodge 305 Ontario St Ext, Canandaigua, NY 14424
The purpose of this meeting is to agree on what class(es) of full fendered cars we will be running at Canandaigua Motorsports Park in 2017. Our goal at CMP is to have a competitive class of full fendered cars, with a good car count, so we can establish a good payout.
If you want to run a full fendered Stock at CMP in 2017, please attend this meeting so we can agree on what is best for drivers and track.

Please spread the work!

RTC56

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: ATTENTION: Canandaigua pure/street/pro stock teams!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 10:09:30 PM »
Keep the Outlaw Speedway rule package adopted last year for Pure Stocks, rename the class Street Stock, drop running Prostocks with them, up the purse to align more with other tracks that run basically the same rules....Outlaw, Genesee, Woodhull, Freedom, Little Valley. And do a little tech to keep people honest. MOST of those tracks I named average around 15 cars, some nights a couple or few more or less, Outlaw closer to 20 on average (they pay the highest purse of those tracks named). That is what the CAR COUNTS are now for Street Stocks at most tracks AROUND HERE, ( in other words geographic proximity to CMP, I know there may have been more cars at a track in Canada or Iowa...) last year CMP wasn't to far off that number (around 10 to 11 true Pure Stocks on average) again give or take on a given night. I feel doing anything else will leave you on an island, this opens you up to draw a few differant cars from different tracks weekly,  something essential to average car counts in this class at most tracks nowadays. I've run all those tracks named in years past, and I ran CMP last season I will say the positive things about the class that was run last season at CMP is the drivers that run there race clean, they respect eachother, the racing in the class is real competitive, and the track surface is as smooth as I've seen. This is my opinion, cant make the meeting this weekend hope they come up with a good fair plan to keep the class moving forward. Rick Crego #5c

jamm99

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 01:17:59 PM »
If they stay with outlaw rules what does it take to get cars to commit weekly?

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 03:22:19 PM »
Here's the release from CMP on Facebook an hour ago. No info on the purse, but I would think THAT would get cars too commit.

FULL FENDERS AT CANANDAIGUA MOTORSPORTS PARK
For the 2017 racing season at CMP we have settled on running Street Stocks and adopting Outlaw Speedways rules with their 2017 revisions.
We are also considering a factory Stock class but have not yet made that decision.
In addition to Street Stocks we will also have;
*Big Block Modifieds
*Crate Sportsman
*305 Sprints
*New Legend Sportsman

RPark

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 04:42:33 PM »
you can run reverse mount starters at batavia and freedom. this is a lot safer then the stock flywheel set up that outlaw has . just saying

RTC56

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 07:27:05 PM »
If they stay with outlaw rules what does it take to get cars to commit weekly?
Glad to see they kept going with the Outlaw rules they put in place last year, I think purse is the next issue to get cars there, you can't take a Pure Stock class that was running limited lower cost rules And Open them up to full blown Outlaw Street Stocks rules, where people have to spend more to compete, and pay them A Pure Stock purse, That was A ridiculous mistake they made last year, With the price of admission and fuel alone for the night 2nd place payout didn't even cover it, that needs to change to even begin getting more cars in. I know a few cars that wouldn't go there because of pay out last year. The next thing is tech, I finished in the top 4 six times and won once last year and they never even looked at my car, that is plain crazy, I'm not saying to tear someone down each week, or nit pick people to ***** them off, nobody likes tech, but at least check tires, lift a hood and see if there is actually A 2 barrel bolted on the motor, check for safety, make it look like u checked something at least.  JMO

Gregonet31

• Rookie
  • I'm awesome.
    • View Profile
    • Can-Am Racing Series
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 10:02:08 PM »
2 years ago we were (speaking of my teammates car that i crewed on) weekly. I think we had 1 week all year we didnt get pulled in.

Last year I think it was pretty clear the class was a back gate class. Minimal pay, no tech, no cars.

With the changes and commitment for 2017, it should pick back up.

jam42

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 09:56:06 AM »
What happened to Wallenbeck Teching?