Author Topic: Ryan Preece has a Cup ride in 2019:  (Read 6829 times)

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

Hollandracer83

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Ryan Preece has a Cup ride in 2019:
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 08:44:25 PM »
old news

countrydave

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 09:42:03 PM »
its old news, but nice to see another mod guy get a shot! I only hope this team can field top 10 cars. not many strong runs from the 47 team! New rules package this year, maybe RP can turn things around with talent, he's a tremendous road course driver! looking forward to his 1st cup win!   

countrydave

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 11:15:09 PM »
nice drive for Preece to get up toward the front for a top 10 finish, kept it one piece! it was cool to see him in the mix at the end! Ryan stated the team had some decent speed at their recent test in vegas, so will see if RP & the 47 team can stay up toward front!

phredo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 05:50:16 PM »
Preece Proud!!
2021 Next: Bubba Raceway, Volusia Speedway, New Smyrna Speedway.

countrydave

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 05:30:21 PM »
 RP at Atlanta 35th

RP was seventh in the running order with 54 laps remaining when he went to pit road during a round of green flag stops.

After getting his car serviced Preece was coming out of his pit box when he crashed hard into the car of BJ McLeod, who was multiple laps down from the leaders and slowing to come into his pit box.
  It was the second week in a row that McLeod has been involved in a pit road crash that took out lead laps cars while he was laps down. In the Daytona 500 McLeod and Cody Ware set off a chain reaction crash coming onto pit road that collected Jimmie Johnson.
  Friggin BJ Mcleod should not of been pitting with the leaders! *****!
 Hope for a good day at Vegas

leftyturner

• Veteran
  • Instruction manuals are just another man's opinion
    • View Profile
    • Check ur out on facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 06:33:45 PM »

Friggin BJ Mcleod should not of been pitting with the leaders! *****!

Definitely a bad deal for Ryan but during green flag pit stops you'll have a mix of cars on different agendas!!!

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2019, 07:51:55 PM »
Didn't I hear McLeod began his entry 4-5 stalls before his which may have led to the crash?
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

countrydave

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 01:33:15 PM »
Didn't I hear McLeod began his entry 4-5 stalls before his which may have led to the crash?
He was all but stopped, struggling to find his pit box!
Really bad deal for the 37 teams Gas Man Anthony Pasut, who suffered a broken leg and tore up his ACL. Pasut was struck by Mcleod's 3500 lb spun car and pinned against pit wall. this was the 2nd crew member to get hurt in 2 weeks! (Daytona; Jackman Billy Rock suffered a broken shoulder after a 3500 lb race truck sent him flying. Rock was taken off pit road on a stretcher)

countrydave

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2019, 05:04:43 PM »
RP at Vegas, 25th
RP stated that they just missed it. Qualified 24th, mostly ran mid pack, stayed out of trouble finishing 2 laps down, 37 team mate had the 18th place machine and had the speed to stay on the lead lap.     looking for a good run at Phoenix!

Ratzso

• Veteran
  • "My Life Coach traded me..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2019, 07:03:12 PM »
Based on the current car configuration, the track and no caution flags in yesterday's race contest, (except for the stages) I'm surprised that the finishing order wasn't about the same as the starting line up.

I guess in Ryan's case it pretty much was.

That's all I got.....

J. Langford Ratzovich
"Today is yesterday's future"

countrydave

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2019, 09:37:00 AM »
RP 34 at Phoenix
47 Team Qualified 21st, had some trouble, went a lap down, got his lap back (wave around) only to have more trouble on the next restart, got turned and wrecked around lap 220 with a little help. RP was the next caution as well and parked it. looked a lot like a rookie day. Team mate 37 had the speed to stay on the lead lap finishing 16. look for better result in Cal.

countrydave

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2019, 09:26:32 PM »
One month later Ryan's still having "Rookie" type races. Looks like equipment can run about 15th,(martinsville) his teammate (37)  often running around there & sometimes running in the top ten. RP's dosn't seem to get any breaks either with those rookie stripes.
            Qualified     Finished
california     21             34
martinsville  15            16    nice day
texas          27             22
bristol         30             25
Hope RP has a decent NIGHT in richmond! Runs well on   Flat track 

countrydave

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2019, 12:22:43 PM »
Richmond:
RP#47 team Qualified 16th Finished 20th (-1 lap); IMO- JGD 15-20th Short Track equipment. Teammate #37 Q 7th & Finish 22nd (-2 laps)

Talladega:
 Ryan had another good finish on a Super Speedway (3rd), he stayed out of trouble again, made good CHEVY moves to get up toward the front and this time decided to stay in line to grab a career best Podium finish. I believe Preece learned from earlier this season at Daytona (8th), not to make the first move, late in the race, when you have a "Rookie Stripe" on your bumper. It Would of been Cool to see them finish under green; but on the last lap, we saw Larson flipping down the backstretch and the race finished under caution.
JGD #37 & #47 has decent enough Super Speedway Equipment to put their Drivers in a position to win any one of those 4 events. With 7 laps to go, the #37 team was turned & wrecked out while running in the top 10 & Finished 30th
RP said "We can use this finish as Momentum now, and hope we can use it next weekend at Dover."

Crushem

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2019, 11:39:44 AM »
Dave, You should have taken him in the friendly pool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!