Author Topic: I LOST ALL RESPECT FOR STEWART FRIESEN THIS EVENING  (Read 25963 times)

beerndirt

• Rookie
  • PROUD Military VET of 26 Years
    • View Profile
Re: I LOST ALL RESPECT FOR STEWART FRIESEN THIS EVENING
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 03:13:48 PM »
Well the other rule states Passing UNDER yellow. Guess this is broad too, but he DID PASS SEVERAL cars with the caution to get to the 19. Rules dont say WHEN under caution. Im not a fan either and would expect FAIR treatment for ALL the drivers. It is unfortunate, I am sure there were a lot of writers there from racing publications, and word spreads via the mouth faster than any other possible way.
If I can make one person laugh a day, I have accomplished something worth while

beerndirt

• Rookie
  • PROUD Military VET of 26 Years
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 03:34:36 PM »
But like other post, it is what it is. Nothing will change now, lets just hope sometime in the future the track promoter gets a clue and runs the races fair and treats EVERYONE the same. I always think its better to upset ONE driver and sit him for a couple weeks than it is to upset 5 and lose all those cars/MONEY>
If I can make one person laugh a day, I have accomplished something worth while

dirtraceguy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 04:34:09 PM »
Yeah... I have only been there once this season, and as previously posted he may have lost alot of fans, but I noticed that when he won his 6th in a row of something ridiculous like that, half the crowd was cheering for him as loud as can be.... usually people hate it when someone wins all the time. But he seems to bring some fans.

AndrusMotorsports88

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 04:39:48 PM »
Well the chearing was when he raced clean and smooth to the front and did it without driving into other cars  under the caution.

No one cheered lastnight, especially when the track looked the other way. There is no way they can say they didnt see it happen both were on the front stretch.  Its one thing to have an off night but for the track to come over the loud speaker and say he has been warned!!! Well no clue but anyone else after the first incedent involving the 30+ would have been black flagged or thrown out for 2 weeks. If i were the other drivers i would never come back to a track that does this. Its all about Friesen just look at the website.
2008, 2009, 2012, 2014 Figure 8 Champion

dirtfan07

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010, 04:53:50 PM »
Not that I would go as far to say I lost respect for him cause the kid can wheel a car but he was acting like a little b*tch. He should have been parked instead of the " if you do it one more time" warning. He was having an off night, lost his temper, and deserved to get punished. If he had been, this wouldn't even be an issue cause you can bet your a$$ if it had been any of the rest of us, their would be no third chance. But like most spoiled kids, he didn't so his attitude will live to see another race. Lucky us!! I've also heard the rumor that Stewy is some distant relation to the Harpell's so when you combine that and how good it will look for the 5MP champ to win the American Racer cup, we better get used to the temper tantrums.

BTW, am I the only one who was miffed by the fact that they interviewed Stew for 20 minutes while Brian Puckett stood 3 cars away and they never even gave him a chance to speak about the week before?

Simpson Racing.... We put the F-U in fun

jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 04:54:10 PM »
Just like they only do the canadian anthem when hes there racing.

AndrusMotorsports88

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2010, 04:58:49 PM »
Steve your not the only one. Its not just about freisen there is a full field of other talent on the track. Puckett did a heck of a job last saturday for the win swap for the lead for 3 laps. But again all about Stewy wednsday and not much recognition for anyone else.

19Boyer19

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2010, 05:15:37 PM »
Does anyone know why he was mad at me anyway? I was never around him the entire race.?

AndrusMotorsports88

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2010, 05:21:09 PM »
I can tell you why. HE COULDNT GET BY YOU!!!!!!! so under the caution he went by 2 or 3 cars to get to you then punted you in the rear. Please tell everyone how hard he did this from the stands it looked like a pretty good shot if you ask me.

19Boyer19

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2010, 05:30:49 PM »
It was a good shot. I had to readjust my helmet after that. I was surprised the rear bumper wasn't broke honestly.  When those last 3 cars passed me  after that, I had no clue why the 1, 74 or 7n would have given me a shot like that.  My only thought was after the 41 spun and i hit him and spun, when i was trying to get my spot back, he (1) swerved down just as I was under him, unintentional I am sure, and maybe thought I hit him on purpose then.

maustin65

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2010, 05:37:51 PM »
Brent,

I do not think that he was upset at you but I think that he may have thought you were the 911. They had issues earlier in the race I guess. I didn't think about that last night when we were talking.

Mike Austin
Mike Austin

AndrusMotorsports88

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2010, 05:39:09 PM »
Well Boyer, all of that would be a racing deal in most of the raceny posters eyes. But the 1 of Friesen under caution to hit a driver hard enough as Boyer states is uncalled for and needs to be parked no matter what there name is or points they have. They parked the 98d for 2 weeks and he was leading the points at 5 mile under a conspiracy claim nothing more. So we will see what 5 mile has to say but like always if its there favorite nothing will be done. They will just talk to him in private and say wtg on your success this season keep it up we will take care of the other drivers. So we all witnessed lastnight anyways.

Bigdog13

• Rookie
  • Let's Go Racin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2010, 06:12:56 PM »
Wasn't there , don't know what happened , but how does a 12th place finish help him in the American Racer Cup standings ?
A driver's top 12 finishes at a track count toward the Cup Championship and a 12th place or worse will probably not play into the
way that it all shakes out.  Whoever wins the Cup will need about 10 wins or more and a couple of 2nds or 3rds .  If you read thru
the current standings you will find that most of the drivers already have 12 or more races counted at their tracks.
"It's amazing how much can be accomplshed when no one cares who get's the credit"

cupcake13z51

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2010, 06:24:11 PM »
Brent, maybe he thought you were going to steal his GF like Tony did.
Bubba Army Bubba Army Bubba Army !!!

shawnie2469

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2010, 06:26:19 PM »
brent sorry for what stewie did but as i put in my first feed here mr parks sits behind me every week. we all talk about stewie's week and stuff. after he hit oleski first time then came n whacked u mr parks got up and stormed down to the hauler. he was so mad n agreed with all of us he should have been parked but of course track management turned the other cheek. as for the 98d he should have never been penalized for 2 weeks for somethin that his dad n cody decker was doin on the track. as for conspiracy last saturday night i heard they told the 08 team if u touch the 27 car ur done because cody decker says ur conspiring to take him out also. its too bad they polhamus' got banned n penalized they wont be back to five mile again