Poll

Should Holland have Two extra distance Chargers and SST Touring Races?

Yes
30 (96.8%)
No (if NO why?)
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Holland's Chargers and SST's  (Read 7865 times)

CARNESRACING

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • carnesracing
Re: Holland's Chargers and SST's
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2009, 08:33:24 AM »
I RUN THE CRATE AT HOLLAND IN THE CHARGER DIVISION IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.
Good times are spending Saturday's Bronco-Bustin The High Banks of Holland!

bigshow39

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2009, 11:19:29 AM »
all these differences in rules is the exact reason i think there should be a uniform set of rules like the SST modified's, but as i said before i think all other tracks should go to Holland charger rules! a lot of people will disagree but hey most all other track get like what 4 - 8 street stocks/super stocks we have on average 18 - 20 chargers it's not that much work to convert we turned two challengers into chargers. but that's just what i think uniform rules mirrored after the chargers! the numbers don't lie
i plan to go out with a bang not a whimper

Steve-O83

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2009, 12:34:05 PM »
bigshow, not to mention you have other drivers who have cars that are still getting built or rebuilt. 03,04,06,57,13x,23,25,31,34x,

67 Burns next year???,

91 Booker who is on the roster but never raced. Anyone know who he is?

Jamesgang

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2009, 12:45:33 PM »
What Tires do the Chargers run?  What Carb on the 602
Winner of the 2014, 2018, and 2019 Dave London Memorial.

jnd_31

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2009, 01:30:49 PM »
towel city retreads, holley 350
Jason Dieter

Jamesgang

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2009, 01:41:46 PM »
Thanks
Winner of the 2014, 2018, and 2019 Dave London Memorial.

TheDistortedOne

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2009, 01:56:37 PM »
Steve what about the 70 Charger....it's just sitting as well! ;)
Win on Monday Race on Sunday

coyotekart1

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2009, 02:15:21 PM »
Anyone need a driver for the charger class? I ran over at DTRP in the streets for 2 1/2yrs. Just sold my car cuz Im moving away in the spring. Wouldnt mind having some fun before I go tho!!!  ;D

Coyotekart63@aol.com

bigshow39

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2009, 02:17:52 PM »
a my father talked to buck last fall after his nasty wreck at perry and he said he was done for good. as far as the 602 that motor is nothing special you can ask rich about that it puts out 350hp with a 4 barrel 500 on it and in the chargers it has to run the two barrel 350. but yeah we run the towel city recap slick and people can say what they want about that tire but i say a tire you can confidently run a season and a half on is alright by me! that's one reason we have so many cars your not spending upwards of $2800 on tires a season your only spending $400 or i think it's like $386 and the tire gets better the more you use it
i plan to go out with a bang not a whimper

TheDistortedOne

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2009, 02:19:11 PM »

It was close this weekend, you never know....
Win on Monday Race on Sunday

CARNESRACING

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • carnesracing
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2009, 12:39:43 AM »
the 602 is nothing special... max i get is 295 horse. its been dyno'd. the biggest thing is the handling. i am working on going to a regular motor for next year.. this motor just is not competitive enough. but i can see how it is cost effective. it was worth a try.
Good times are spending Saturday's Bronco-Bustin The High Banks of Holland!

Welshans93

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2009, 05:40:14 PM »
the 602 is nothing special... max i get is 295 horse. its been dyno'd. the biggest thing is the handling. i am working on going to a regular motor for next year.. this motor just is not competitive enough. but i can see how it is cost effective. it was worth a try.

Rich, maybe you could talk with Alan and maybe consider putting a 500 carb on the 602. It will give you about 30 horse which would probably put it right in line with a built motor. I'm not sure about the torque curve. Hell just throw one next week and see what happens, just kidding you're doing pretty good in the points and I'm sure you would not want to screw it up too much. Maybe something to work with Alan on a Thursday night practice.

Welshans32

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2009, 07:47:10 PM »
Can't start making special rules for crate engines. That was the begining of the end for the late models.

nothngcreative

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2009, 08:06:26 PM »
Can't start making special rules for crate engines. That was the begining of the end for the late models.

Very true. The rules even fluxuated between tracks. Left side % was even different between crates and built motors from track to track. It just does not work out in the end. Another issue was how the crate was supposed to save money, but in the end they were getting ripped apart by builders to find more power and in the end you were back to spending more money.

wouldntyouliketoknow

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2009, 09:19:21 PM »
Welshans93, that was a bad comment. i feel that you may have opened Pandora's box with that one. The chargers is probably the best division in all of western new york. Don't request any changes. Leave everything the way it is. you guys have had 6 races and 3 winners not to mention that there is better than a hand full of people who could win at anytime and 6 more who are almost ready to become a threat. i think this class should be the role model for all super stock type cars around.