Author Topic: That race track on County Route 10 in Canandaigua, NY  (Read 5893 times)

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
That race track on County Route 10 in Canandaigua, NY
« on: November 11, 2017, 11:32:18 AM »
A lot of people have been curious about what is happening at the dirt track on the Ontario County Fairgrounds.

Formerly known as 'Canandaigua Speedway' and 'Canandaigua Motorsports Park', the facility has once again undergone a name change. It will now be known as 'Land of Legends Raceway', paying homage to its long time nickname.

New promoter, Paul Cole, has two members confirmed on his staff - Greg Hixson and Greg Emerson. Paul is a strong dirt track racing advocate, and he sponsors several race cars and the GRIT Sportsman Series through his company, Champion Power Equipment.

Hixson will be Director of Racing Operations,  seeing to the week to week racing and problem-solving.

Emerson, remembered for his work with CMP under Jeremie Corcoran, will be PR Director, and will be actively seeking sponsorships for the facility, while making sure we fans are updated up the minute on race nights.

The facility is undergoing some upgrades, as well. The Fair Board is building a new building on the property, which looks to change the way the pit area is laid out. The new promoters lease took effect November 1, 2017, and they immediately went to work putting the backstretch wall back up. It is my understanding that lighting will be increased and updated, as will the loud speakers in the pits (which means you'll be able to hear in there again).

With Fulton Speedway choosing to be 358ci only on Saturday nights, it could be entirely possible to see a 30 car modified field (or more), especially with the return to the DIRTcar banner for LOLR, and a purse increase.

As a fan, I am very excited to see what April 2018 brings for the facility on County Route 10. I recommend you come early and stay late!

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: That race track on County Route 10 in Canandaigua, NY
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 05:49:59 PM »
See you there .

Orange18

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 09:45:11 AM »
Those pit speakers drive me NUTS! WA WA WA Wa Wa, Get on line! Wa wa wa wa GET ONLINE!!!!

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 10:56:27 AM »
One of the first things that was mentioned to Paul was the fact that you cannot hear in the pits - from the track announcer all the way to the pit steward.

The backstretch wall is going in again because the modified pits may move to the backstretch. When I spoke with Greg Emerson that was still under discussion. It was removed because Jeremie felt a 'run off' area was safer than a wall.

It's exciting to see what is coming in 2018. Fresh breath, fresh ideas, fresh minds. Now if people could not complain until they see the outcome, it would be perfect. Jeremie and Lori and their family and team were awesome, but sh!t happens, and it can weigh down even the toughest of people. I thank them for the amazing effort they put into Canandaigua, and truly wish them well in their new endeavours.

DMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 01:27:03 PM »
Any idea if the 305 sprints will be on the program again?Thinking of buying one,but not if we have to travel to race. 

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 01:58:31 PM »
305's will be back, but I would contact Greg Hixson for full information.

harris9cat

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 02:08:13 PM »
Any news of what classes

DMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 02:19:44 PM »
any contact info for Greg Hixson?

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 02:49:07 PM »
Tony - DIRTcar big block modifieds, DIRTcar 602 sportsman, 305 sprint cars, stock cars (I can't remember if he said pure or pro).

Dman - I usually PM him on Facebook, so let me see what I can come up with.

DMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 03:06:37 PM »
OK ,Thanks

harris9cat

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2017, 05:43:23 PM »
Thanks lady

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 05:08:06 PM »
Saturday, December 2, 2017, we will be holding an informational and Q&A session with each of the four classes slated for Land of Legends Raceway for 2018 at the Shortsville American Legion, 1513 Palmyra Street, Shortsville, NY 14548.Please note the time for your class. 

10:00am Big Block DIRT Modifieds
11:00am Sportsman DIRT Modifieds
12:00pm 305 Sprint Cars
1:00pm Street Stocks

These meetings will include updates on the schedule, purses, point funds, general rules, class rules, track news and much more. 

We look forward to meeting as many of you as we can as we continue preparations for 2018.

https://www.facebook.com/events/325900881223794/?ti=cl

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2017, 09:08:32 AM »
Greg Emerson and Paul Cole were in attendance at the annual DIRTcar promoters meeting yesterday, which is held in conjunction with the DIRTcar banquet. Really looking forward to a schedule announcement soon!

Remember - if you are an owner or competitor currently racing LOLR, or are thinking about a change, and you have any questions, there is an informational meeting on December 2nd at the Shortsville American Legion. I listed the information above.

Patrick Hobbs

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2017, 06:15:03 AM »
Is there a phone number to call Gregg H. I don't think I can make the meeting for the street stocks but wanted to ask him about the rules.

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2017, 07:26:55 AM »
I usually contact Greg through Facebook, if you have that. There are several on here who do not.