Author Topic: Matt Sheppard Banned from Outlaw Weekend  (Read 11881 times)

ask0329

Matt Sheppard Banned from Outlaw Weekend
« on: September 26, 2017, 11:14:09 AM »
Just read on his FB fan page and DTD that the 9S of Matt Sheppard has been banned from running the Outlaw 200 this weekend. Crazy. As a fan you expect to see all the stars at such a big classic event. Sad that 2.5 stars will be missing. (Matt, Jimmy P and Max M)

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Matt Sheppard Banned from Outlaw Weekend
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 01:13:32 PM »
No Friesen, either, Andy. NASTRUCKS in Vegas, baby!

kt

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 02:26:10 PM »
Soooo......For us outta the loop, what is the reason for this?......
2020: New Smyrna (5)...Sebring...Penn Can...Mahoning Valley(2)...Lernerville...Lake Erie (4)...Chemung...Lancaster...

ask0329

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 02:46:35 PM »
Assuming its from when he attacked Larry Wight at Utica Rome.

I never really count on Stewart being anywhere in a mod due to his Truck races.

As for the whole banning, I'm so torn on it. This will now be the second time I wont be able to see him race with the best of the best. Airborne being the other due to suspension from above incident at UR. You go to such a big historical race as this you expect to see the best of the best. But from the track side, MS did attack the track owners kid after he flipped his racecar. Allot of bad things could of came from that if LW was seriously injured.

Regardless, I'm still going for the weekend to see some great racing at a great track with some great friends and family.

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 02:53:59 PM »
kt.....

"Haters gonna hate!"

DaveTheDude

• Veteran
  • WGR's Fast Track
    • View Profile
    • Fast Track on Twitter
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 02:54:38 PM »
Get that boy a Modified ride for Lake Erie, KT....
Dave "The Dude" Buchanan
Director of Media Relations/Announcer - Lancaster National Speedway
Announcer - Ransomville Speedway, Race of Champions 200
Host - WGR's Fast Track on WGR Sportsradio 550 & WGR550.com Sundays from 11 a.m. - Noon

Shamrock 3x

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 03:18:32 PM »
Don't know Matt....never saw him race, but if he's guilty of attacking someone, sounds like he's lucky to just be banned and not arrested. Actions have consequences, and he's (apparently) paying for his.

Michael Bonesky

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 03:50:23 PM »
Don't know Matt....never saw him race, but if he's guilty of attacking someone, sounds like he's lucky to just be banned and not arrested. Actions have consequences, and he's (apparently) paying for his.
Matt intentionally wrecked then started a fight with Larry Wight at Utica Rome Speedway this summer. He had all points and money for the event taken. Was suspended for the season from the track, and since it was a Super Dirt Series race he was suspended for three races from that series. That being said Matt has served his penalty and should be allowed to race. Larry is no angel by any means and should have faced the same consequences earlier in the season at Brewerton Speedway for a similar incident,  but since his father owns both Fulton and Brewerton that didn't happen. Lots of bad blood between both parties going back the last three years.

Ratzso

• Veteran
  • "My Life Coach traded me..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 04:39:01 PM »
The solution here is so obvious and simple, I'm surprised that no one has brought it up.

Step 1:  Change Matt's car number from "9s" to some generic number that no one else has.  4Q2 is a suggestion.  Put a bumper sticker on the car that says, "Racing the Wight Way"

Step 2:  Have Matt wear a fake mustache, dark sunglasses and shaggy hair wig and enter him under a fictitious name like "Gordon Shumway."

Step 3:  When spoken to, have Matt answer in a thick foreign accent. 

He could use a Swedish dialect and continue to respond to questions by saying:"Vell, by yimminy, I hopes dat Swen and Ollie 'ave dis ole crate runnin goot, because vee gots a lots of laps on der motor and vee hopes it holts together und vee finish." 

Ratzso

“The whole world feared Caesar, but Caesar feared his wife.” 
"Today is yesterday's future"

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2017, 05:28:06 PM »
Matt intentionally wrecked then started a fight with Larry Wight at Utica Rome Speedway this summer. He had all points and money for the event taken. Was suspended for the season from the track, and since it was a Super Dirt Series race he was suspended for three races from that series. That being said Matt has served his penalty and should be allowed to race. Larry is no angel by any means and should have faced the same consequences earlier in the season at Brewerton Speedway for a similar incident,  but since his father owns both Fulton and Brewerton that didn't happen. Lots of bad blood between both parties going back the last three years.

Where in the love of GOD do you get your information?!

Larry tried to high side Matt on an ultra-slick track (and I mean scraping the guard rail on the backstretch high) and Matt changed his line. Larry was not at Matt's door, and they made contact. Larry flipped and Matt wrecked. Under a RED FLAG, Matt exited his car and proceeded to forcibly remove Larry from his. They slipped on the track and fell. There were no punches thrown. Would have been stupid with their helmets on. Both drivers were parked for the night.

Matt received a one week penalty from Utica Rome (he won the championship after finishing out the season there) and a 2 race suspension from DIRTcar sanctioned events, which included a rain out at Cornwall, which is why Steve Paine drove his car at Weedsport.

During the altercation at Utica, a Gypsum crew member known as Bulldog took a 4-wheeler on the track to retrieve Larry. He received no penalty for that, which is also against the rules.

Matt and Larry have raced several times with no issues. This is a non-sanctioned event, and the track officials can preclude whomever they choose from competition. Matt had to have some inkling this would happen after the issues at Brewerton, as well, and his unflattering comments about the track politics at both facilities.

I do agree that neither Larry nor his BFF Timmer Sears will receive any kind of set down for their on track shenanigans, which is why Bobby Varin didn't finish the season out. Sears used his car as a weapon against him. Technically, so did Decker on Sheppard, but I like them both, so they can hash it out.

sprintdaddy

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2017, 05:51:25 PM »
Sunny, Thank You for giving the CORRECT Info. I was typing when I noticed you had already replied.

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2017, 09:51:04 PM »
Could have been involuntary manslaughter charges.  Sheppard could have faced Stewart-like consequences.  Very lucky. 
Irv's Taking The Night Off.

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2017, 09:14:33 AM »
Get that boy a Modified ride for Lake Erie, KT....

Rick Kluth...pick up the phone please.
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

ask0329

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2017, 10:52:42 AM »
Wonder if he's heading to Woodhull or Bridgeport Speedway for the Short Track Super Series Dirty Jersey race. Although staying home and getting ready for SDW is probably the best bet. Save his equipment and $.

thejet61

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2017, 11:20:05 AM »
I have to ask? Just how much more of the political crap that goes on at the two golden boy race tracks will the racers, fans and sanctioning bodies keep putting up with? this does nothing good for the sport. Everyone needs to get over what happens on and off the track and on the internet.Everyone takes it way to serious....its not NASCRAP. lets get back to good ole sat nite racing.....rivalrys are a good thing.....on and off the track.when the races are over. its over till next week....... if this keeps up, it will cost the sport.