Author Topic: ROVAL  (Read 2054 times)

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
ROVAL
« on: September 30, 2018, 06:22:11 PM »
I thought the France Cup race today was a lot of fun.  Although I didn't watch, it was way better than watching a race on the normal Charlotte oval - that I never watched either. Looked like there were an awful lot of fans disguised as empty sees.  Good Halloween costumes I guess.  I didn't see it but it looked like Jimmie's Johnson stepped on his wanker.  Go Rathole! 
Irv's Taking The Night Off.

Gomerpyle

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
Re: ROVAL
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 06:50:57 PM »
NASCAR gives 50% discounts if you come dressed as your favorite bleacher. They have been doing it for years now.
Kareem of Wheet

Ratzso

• Veteran
  • "My Life Coach traded me..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 08:51:40 PM »
I thought the France Cup race today was a lot of fun.  Although I didn't watch, it was way better than watching a race on the normal Charlotte oval - that I never watched either. Looked like there were an awful lot of fans disguised as empty sees.  Good Halloween costumes I guess.  I didn't see it but it looked like Jimmie's Johnson stepped on his wanker.  Go Rathole!

That's "Mr. Rathole," thank you very much, Pissano.

I was watching the Bills try to extend their win streak (spoiler alert - didn't happen), so like you, I didn't watch the Rumble on the Roval, but I thought it was much better than the run-of-the-mill mile and a half races that I also don't watch. 

Not sure what seven-time was thinkin' on the last turn of the last lap, but whatever it was, Truex was not impressed and didn't care for the good hard racin'.

That's all I got....

Ratman

"I can cook Minute Rice in 58 seconds."
"Today is yesterday's future"

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 04:41:39 AM »
Don't know what Jimmy was thinking !

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 06:52:00 AM »
Don't know what Jimmy was thinking !

Either goin' for the win or trying to make the chase...
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 06:55:11 AM »
Outside of MTJ getting taken out by Keselowski first in that backstretch chicane, then on the last lap by Johnson, the racing was good. Certainly kept you on your toes, even watching. Best part of the day - Karma catching Krashalotski in Turn 1, and Hamlin not making the next round of the playoffs.

PS: I like Jimmie Johnson. He's a good man and race car driver. He took himself out of contention for an 8th championship yesterday, and he knew it. But to have a reporter right there, when he was obviously upset by his own actions, was a little tasteless. I sort of feel sorry for Dave Burns being the guy who told him.

PSS: Everyone complaining about MTJ spinning JJ after the checkers. Suck it up. Isn't the first time someone did that, won't be the last.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 08:22:40 AM »
Outside of MTJ getting taken out by Keselowski first in that backstretch chicane, then on the last lap by Johnson, the racing was good.

PSS: Everyone complaining about MTJ spinning JJ after the checkers. Suck it up. Isn't the first time someone did that, won't be the last.

I agree. And IMHO, JJ deserved to get spun, after what he did to MTJ...….maybe an azz kicking would have been more appropriate. Yeah, I know that JJ is a good driver, and usually a clean racer, but that attempt to "pass" MTJ was a bone-headed move, at best, and to wind up dumping MTJ to a 14th place finish, was completely uncalled for.

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 11:00:37 AM »
I guess going for a 200,000$ win or a 5 million dollar championship lol.

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2018, 03:13:26 PM »
I am a firm believer that NOT making the next round, having no sponsor for next season, and being forced to realize that your time in NASCAR as a driver is rapidly coming to an end is penance enough. The spin got Martin's point across. No need for fisticuffs.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, right, Ryan Blaney?