Author Topic: Modifieds: Old and New: a 1936 Plymouth Coupe and a 2015 Troyer TA1 @ IMRRC  (Read 1535 times)

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG

The month of November brought the IMRRC two new display cars: a 1936 Plymouth Coupe and a 2015 Troyer TA1. They were on display in conjunction with the Michael R. Argetsinger Symposium on International Motor Racing History in Watkins Glen.

Tthe DIRT Museum and Hall of Fame in Weedsport, N.Y. loaned us the Coupe.
The Troyer came from a local, family-owned race team, and is driven by 18-year-old Zack Knowlden.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
Gordie Wood's coupe.
Irv's Taking The Night Off.

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
As a resident of Watkins Glen, I would love to see a representation of the motorsports in our area in the Village Christmas Parade Friday night, and who better to do it than the IMRRC. Dirt modified, street stock, asphalt modified, sprint car, whatever.... We shouldn't hide the history that put WG on the map. We should celebrate it, instead of a side walk modification that makes traffic worse and has kept some business away from retailers.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
Are the modifieds still on display there, and if so, how long will they be there? East coast SCCA legend, Gary Morgan, is a long time friend of mine, and has mentioned to me, that some of his racing memorabilia is on loan and on display at the Museum, and this would give me an even better excuse to take a ride down there.