Author Topic: adirondack speedway  (Read 11684 times)

dINZ

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: adirondack speedway
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2013, 05:29:19 PM »
Track is a half mile d shaped oval low to mid 500 final gear

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2013, 05:48:54 PM »
Did someone say SST? and..... Will there be any promotion on radio or TV in the Utica or Watertown area.  Might be nice if people outside the

racing world knew it was there and was gonna reopen.
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

AISannouncer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2013, 11:21:18 PM »
Sunday Oct. 6 - Gates open at noon with hot laps and racing to follow.  Hoping to start as early as possible to save daylight.  Pit fee:  $20/person.  Purses will be paid out of pit fees for each class.  General Admission grandstand:  $5/person, under 16 FREE.  Confirmed classes so far:  Late Models, Super Stocks, Trucks, Sport Compacts, Legends, and Thunder Stocks.  Hearing rumors of other classes and it sounds like if enough cars come in any other class, they can run.  Call 315-346-6624 for more information.  This is the office number of Lyndaker Excavating and the track owner.  Feature race lengths have not yet been determined.  Home track rules for each class.  TV ads run on WWNY 7 Watertown beginning next week.  Jerry Dineen is helping to organize the Late Model class and will probably have more information.  I'm assuming classes can find their own sponsors to help pay a purse.  This is being billed as the "Fall Foliage Welcome All Back To Racing Day".  Catered concessions will be available and YOU MAY BRING YOUR OWN.  A good size crowd at the front gate is needed to break even; here's hoping it happens.

#2 Charger

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2013, 07:18:29 AM »
Would Big 10 Super Stock Rules & Tires Be Ok In The SS Class? I'd Donate Any Purse Money To The Cause.

21 FORD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2013, 08:30:30 AM »
If anyone that races in the big 10 or the nyss, or anyone else for that matter wants to come up to race here on the oct 6, please contact me and let me know.  If enough people want to come race I will try to put something together to get the purse up higher to help make it worth your while.  Man would that be nice to race you guys 20 miles from the shop rather than 3.5 hrs, lol. 315-397-8090 or 315-371-5552 thanks

tommy markham

Uncle Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2013, 09:19:17 AM »
I was working at the very Adirondack race (USA Supers & Limited Supers) and fell in love with the track that day. Been back twice, loved the place. I hope they can make the track successful as it is a beautiful facility.

MtnRacer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2013, 01:24:41 PM »
 :) :)

AISannouncer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2013, 02:55:54 PM »
Regarding the Big 10 SS cars:  I'm guessing the class would need to be kept separate from the NYSS class, similar to what EBRP (Lancaster) is doing at the US Open this week-end.  However, if you can bring up to a dozen cars, your own feature race would be possible.  The other SS cars can weigh in here, but for now it's probable the two would be kept separate in order to conform to Evans Mills rules.  It would be great to see the Big 10's on the AIS track.

21 FORD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2013, 03:35:06 PM »
the cars/rules are very similar between the two, the only real difference is the tires,  I think it would be much easier just to just go with 8" tires and have one full field rather than trying to separate it, doing it this way I think it would be possible to get up to 20 cars, maybe more, who knows?  The reality is, evans mills allows more to be done to the cars than nyss or big 10, so it really shouldn't be an issue, just my two cents.

AISannouncer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2013, 03:44:38 PM »
Thanks Tommy, that sounds good.  Would love to see a 20 plus field.  Hopefully can have an update to post in a couple days.

heavychevy

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2013, 06:03:16 PM »
I agree with Tommy,8" tires for the super stocks were not all latemodels  from Evans mills.by the way any word on rules for next year?

paperboy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2013, 06:22:24 PM »
Been patiently waiting for this GOOD NEWS!  Glad to see the track is re-opening.  Looking forward to attending races there again in 2014 and beyond.
Mike Harris

21 FORD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2013, 06:18:20 PM »
Anyone for the super stocks?

#2 Charger

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2013, 07:53:51 PM »
I Would Go. However, I Can't Afford $600 For A Set Of Tires For One Race This Late In The Season ($200 In Tow $$$). Our Car Is Barely A Top 10 Car In The Big 10 Series (.450 Lift Hydraulic Cam). I Would Forfeit  Any Prize Money To Any Cause. I Would Just Like to Go There And Race. Anybody Have Any Used Tires?

#2 69 Chevelle