Author Topic: Thousands lose SPEED Channel on Time Warner Cable  (Read 23467 times)

The Race Report

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Thousands lose SPEED Channel on Time Warner Cable
« on: April 02, 2011, 05:58:30 PM »
Thousands lose SPEED Channel on Time Warner Cable

In typical Saturday fashion, I tuned to SPEED channel to watch the Camping World Truck Series race from Martinsville, only to be confronted with the following message;

“SPEED CHANNEL is now available on this channel number in Digital Format using a Digital Converter or through two way capable digital cable ready equipment such as a Cable Card with a Tuning Adapter. Call 1-800-955-0750 for more information on how to receive this channel.“
This article is too long to post... You can view entire article at www.theracereport.tv

maweenie

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Thousands lose SPEED Channel on Time Warner Cable
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 06:01:52 PM »
I have had that message for over a week now, just saying AND IT SUCKS NOT HAVING SPEED CHANNEL BUT THE WIFE ISNT COMPLAINING, IMAGINE THAT

raceguy

• Champion
  • Duane ~ a.k.a. "The Motorin' Mexican"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 06:55:30 PM »
I sent an e-mail to SPEED asking who the genius was that came up with this plan....we'll see if I get a response, but I won't hold my hand over my a$$ waiting on it!  >:(

volvo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 07:47:31 PM »
called time warner today they said that it was speed channel decesion to do this if you believe that,TW also said that you can get digital box for extra tv for six bucks each which is what i need,have no idea of cost to get hooked to digital tv.i have just about had my fill of TIME WARNER prices goes up service goes down,also called Direct tv 50.00 a month cheaper than TW for phone internet an cable.

RAMJET

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 07:51:34 PM »
   In Pa. I have Adams cable and I still have SPEED, in fact I am watching it now. Maybe it just hasn't happened here yet!  Roger

The Race Report

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 08:01:29 PM »
RAMJET, Do you have a digital converter box?  If "YES" you won't be affected. If "NO" then maybe Time Warner is just slinging fertilizer.
Ron Hills
The Race Report

NoMirrorUsed

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 08:35:18 PM »
Direct TV baby, get Speed and also on sundays get 4 driver incar/radio communications for free.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 08:42:49 PM »
Respectfully, I'm so sick of TW it ain't funny. I literally watch 5 channels en total out of their 1000 channel universe...and that is less than 4 hrs a day when I do, yet they whack me major $$$ for nothin.

I had a subscription where I had all the movie channels...so I called and asked to drop them to save money. Guess what? I WOUND UP PAYING MORE FOR LESS!

So, SpeedTv should start streaming their own content and charge accordingly, and then we can DUMP TW for good.

The Race Report

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 09:00:06 PM »
Amen Admin!

Walt

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 09:06:16 PM »
Well I turned in two boxes and the remotes on Thursday to Time Warner. I have been researching the Internet for the last few mo. and I have found every channel that I ever watched on cable on the Internet including SPEED. I can now watch hundreds of channels and all I have to pay for my Internet. Yes, I have to pay Time Warner for my Road Runner but I get everything else for FREE. If anyone is interest in how to do this ? Just call me and I'll walk ya through it. 607-327-1493 This may not work if you have dial up. Sorry. I guess could post all the web addresses for the channels if anyone wants them ?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 09:12:15 PM by Walt »
TSBLOF.......

Ford14

• Rookie
  • www.TeedChassis.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.TeedChassis.com
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 09:29:52 PM »
Direct TV baby, get Speed and also on sundays get 4 driver incar/radio communications for free.

YEP!!! LOL
TeedChassis.com

Admin

• Administrator
  • Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 09:31:12 PM »
Post 'em Walt...I've been doing the same, finding 'em on the internet. Pardon my french, but SCREW 'EM.

Rainman

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 09:47:59 PM »
ill take verizon FIOS anyday but im forced in having Time Warner

oldguy

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 09:54:46 PM »
Time-Warner had my cable bill up to $80 - no movie or premium channels, no SPEED-TV.  Sent with DirectTV though Verizon.

3 TV's hooked up - About $110 with tax per month for TV, Internet (DSL), and Phone with no long distance charges.

After two years, my deal will go up about $20 per month - total bill will still be considerably less than Time Warner, internet and phone was before Verizon.

If you know someone that has DirtectTV, sign up and indicate their account number, and you BOTH will receive $100.

Pick me, pick me!
John Flock

Admin

• Administrator
  • Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2011, 10:06:17 PM »
I guess could post all the web addresses for the channels if anyone wants them ?
Here's a tip...I use Justin.TV for just about anything I want. With college BB done on monday, Time Warner is DONE for me on Tuesday.

I've been watching the NCAA march madness FREE over internet...HD right from NCAA.com . Down with TW! >:(