Author Topic: Gail Clark Needs Your Prayers  (Read 13253 times)

Torpedotom

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Epic Ventures Motorsports Group
Re: Gail Clark Needs Your Prayers
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014, 11:04:25 PM »
Gail has been key to our team's improvement over the years. We wish him well and send prayers his way.
Tom Fecteau
I've got a lot of stories and a few of them are even true. I've just forgotten which are which.

lewis65

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2014, 12:48:33 PM »
Thoughts and prayers to Gail and his family...-lewis racing

sharpy

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2014, 08:09:06 PM »
My boy Lee just got a message from Joe Snell that Gail has passed on today, for everyone that knew Gail he was one of the best and will be deeply missed in the racing community. To me he was a good friend and always willing to help me out, please say a little pray for Gails family
and God Bless .

racerdad

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2014, 08:42:26 PM »
Sharpy thank you for posting this I did not know it. Gail has been great to work with since 2001. I will miss calling him after the races so we could visit and talk racing. 

Don Reynolds
 Sad guy

Nascarmod71

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2014, 09:10:40 PM »
Such sad news.. Gail was a great guy and an awesome engine builder. He had supplied lots of horsepower for myself and the family for years. We will definately miss him. Our condolences go out to Fails wife, and family. God speed Gail.

From myself, Gina and Terry Zacharias, Jim Zacharias and tj Zacharias.

Tioga_LM26

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2014, 09:16:58 PM »
Our Thoughts and Prayers are with Gail's family..

Schneider Motorsports

Cliff04

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2014, 09:25:50 PM »
My prayers go out to Gail's family.

GarySS1

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2014, 09:30:25 PM »
God Speed Mr. Clark
You will be missed by many

Torpedotom

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Epic Ventures Motorsports Group
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2014, 10:15:17 PM »
Great old school guy who stayed with the sport through all it's changes. I am going to miss that man.
Tom Fecteau
I've got a lot of stories and a few of them are even true. I've just forgotten which are which.

LM58

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2014, 08:30:51 PM »
God Bless The Clark family and Godspeed Gail, you truly will be missed.

dirts5

• Rookie
  • dirt is for racing asphalts for getting there!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2014, 11:50:55 PM »
Prayers sent To Gails family R.I.P. Gail Clark true legendary engine builder in NE!

bakes

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2014, 10:41:05 AM »
My condolences to Gail's family and friends.  Godspeed Gail.

raceguy

• Champion
  • Duane ~ a.k.a. "The Motorin' Mexican"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2014, 11:32:25 AM »
Gail L. "Clarke" Clark, age 68, of Dushore, Pa., passed away at home with his loved ones by his side on Wednesday, May 21, 2014 following a brief illness.

He was born on Nov. 7, 1945 in Waverly, N.Y., the son of the late Kenneth and Virginia Balmer Clark.

Gail attended Chemung schools, graduating from Waverly High School Class of 1963. He was a veteran of the U.S. Navy, serving in the Vietnam War. He was previously employed with Elm Chevrolet, Elmira, N.Y. and was the owner/operator of Clark Race Engines. Gail was an avid NASCAR fan and Stock Car Race fan. He loved building race engines and would help anyone at the tracks to be sure their engine was ready for racing. The drivers he built engines for brought home many track championships at various tracks in the area, including NASCAR drivers, Geoff Bodine and Jimmy Spencer when they raced at the local tracks. Gail loved spending time with his son Bryan and on many of those occasions they spent them hunting and fishing.

He is predeceased by his brother-in-law, James Brown.

Gail is survived by his wife of 32 years, Adelia at home; son, Bryan Drake of Athens, Pa.; siblings and in-laws, Glenda Brown of Pine City, N.Y., Gary and Mary Clark of Bristol, Vt., Greta and Pete Elston of Chemung, N.Y., Gwen and Hollis Raymond of Mechanicsburg, Pa. and Kenny and Linda Clark of Chemung, N.Y.; several nieces, nephews, cousins; and his dear friend, Elden York of Sylvania, Pa.

Friends and family may call from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, May 25, 2014 at the Jay E. Lowery Funeral Home and Cremation Services, Inc., 225 South Main St., Athens, Pa. A memorial service will follow at 4 p.m. at the funeral home with the Rev. Anne Bey Canfield of the Waverly United Methodist Church officiating. Burial will be at the convenience of the family.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Gail's memory to: Guthrie Hospice, 421 Tomahawk Rd., Towanda, PA 18848, Sullivan County Food Pantry, P.O. Box 55, Dushore, PA 18614 or the Spaulding Foundation for Injured Drivers, 1074 Sulpher Springs Rd., Owego, NY 13827.

(For those wishing to sign the E-guestbook and send condolences, or view memorial blankets or tapestries may do so by visiting www.loweryfuneralhome.com.) - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thedailyreview/obituary.aspx?n=gail-l-clark-clarke&pid=171106703&fhid=6586#sthash.d7PwvDh8.dpuf

racerdad

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2014, 01:38:02 PM »
Thanks raceguy forthe post. One great guy. We all will miss him.