Author Topic: Raceway 5?  (Read 16770 times)

Outlaw76

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Raceway 5?
« on: May 25, 2015, 09:56:21 PM »
Im just curious to who is done racing there after this week? I have herd the Johnsons are done along with the Zimmermans and Mike Childrose. Anyone else?
Tracks I have been to in 2015: Volusia(2), East Bay, Woodhull(4), Black Rock(2), Fulton, Raceway 5(18), Freedom(17), Weedsport(3), Canandaigua(3), Little Valley(2), Ransomville(3), Bradford, Eriez.

benaround

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Raceway 5?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 06:14:09 AM »
I just wish somebody would tell people what the hell is going on up there. Our car is done and ready to race and I dont if we should race there or not. Is it about the track, the money or what?

Rocket88

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 07:50:21 AM »
From DTD: The Sportsman feature ended abruptly and racing was cancelled for the rest of the night due to a horrific wreck.  One driver, I believe a young female, was taken away by ambulance. We were told there were no serious injuries.  Several cars looked to be destroyed and I've heard that a few other drives suffered minor injuries - cuts and bruises.

The track was a dust-bowl.  It seems one of the cars got sideways on the front stretch, and then was T-Boned by several other cars at high speed, creating a pileup.

Thoughts to the family of the injured young lady.
Support your local racer

NoMirrorUsed

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 08:13:12 AM »
Check out the video on you tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdP_pfh7ROM&feature=youtu.be

Watch this you will see why drivers wont go back. How do you continue to race in this dust????

NoMirrorUsed

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 08:13:34 AM »
cut and paste the link

DMR

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 07:22:53 PM »
Where is tech? I have not see one car looked at other than rolling across the scales... but I have herd numerous people crying that so an so is cheating and this guy is totally illegal!. 95% of the crying is track associated people! But don't hire a tech guy that'd be crazy who needs those.. or protest if you know their cheating get the money out and prove it.. it's time to start raising the white flag for raceway 5.

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 09:12:25 PM »
tech huh?  Did anybody see an ambulance in that vid?. Two tow trucks and a guy on a 4 wheeler doing?? .

Is there any safety crew at that place? That dust bowl rivals Fulton.
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

DMR

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 10:16:06 PM »
One of the drivers told the promoter that something had to be done about the dust.. to my understanding her response was either race or  go home.

jfarmer004

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 11:06:12 PM »
Ok. This is insane. The crash was unfortunate and yes the dust made it even worst. I am so glad that everyone walked away from that. Probably the hardest hit I have ever personally seen.

If you were at the track the weeks before the track was awesome. I was down there at 12 and personally walked the front straight away and it was good. Burt personally wrote an apology and took 100 percent responsibility for not watering it down later in the day before the heats. They are already looking at the disc equipment and learning on what they can do better talking to people who have way more experience with it.

As far as the ambulance goes. Was it there? No. But the emts that work it were. Even if they had the ambulance they cannot transport to the hospital they would have to meet a "real" one at the end of the road. The ambulance is being worked on and will be there this weekend.

The bashing is unreal. Both on the Facebook page and here. No one even gave the track anytime to respond but they did. The negative comments about the track, racers, and staff is just ridiculous.

I hope to see the same people in the pits as I have always but everyone has their decisions to make and I personally will respect it. But to get on social media and bash anyone without knowing facts or talking to the people responsible is ridiculous. Annette has an open door at the shop and will be more then happy to talk to anyone about the track.

Everyone is heated from this past week and they have all the reason to be. That's what racing does, gets the emotions going! Wouldn't be fun if it didn't. Blood sweat tears and lots of money are poured into this cars and the track.

How about instead of being apart of the problem and sitting their on your computer or phone and bashing. Come up with solutions and tell Annette she will listen to anyone. And she has! But not on here.

Sad... So easy for people to judge without knowing the whole truth.
Good luck to all the racers out there no matter where you race.

dukjupiter

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 08:07:59 AM »
jfarmer.....such is the world we live in. people who previously wouldn't say "*****" if they had a mouthful all of a sudden know everything about everything and know what is best for everyone. the computer has provided a cover to hide behind. I find myself being a tad of a cyber-bully because of it, but then again I was a bully without it. responding to the attacks only seems to embolden them but bravo to you for trying.

benaround

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 08:11:00 AM »
The problem is the track never responds or make statements to stop the rumors and they have always done that. Forums like this and other places like Facebook and dirt track digest let rumors grow like weeds and the track needs to comment on these forums to let everyone know what happened and how they intend to resolve the issues . The internet is now a necessary evil and also can be used to promote your program, use it and its free too .The gossip and rumors about the place just fester like a cancer and get worse as time goes on SQUASH THE GOSSIP WITH BEING OPEN ABOUT ISSUES AND WHAT YOU INTEND TO DO TO FIX THEM and run it like a business................Word of the day...Raceiver

15Trr

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2015, 09:24:12 AM »
Whose all coming tonight?

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2015, 12:22:50 PM »
The problem is the track never responds or make statements to stop the rumors and they have always done that. Forums like this and other places like Facebook and dirt track digest let rumors grow like weeds and the track needs to comment on these forums to let everyone know what happened and how they intend to resolve the issues . The internet is now a necessary evil and also can be used to promote your program, use it and its free too .The gossip and rumors about the place just fester like a cancer and get worse as time goes on SQUASH THE GOSSIP WITH BEING OPEN ABOUT ISSUES AND WHAT YOU INTEND TO DO TO FIX THEM and run it like a business................Word of the day...Raceiver

The last thing an embattled track promoter needs to do is come on the race forums or a Facebook page and get into a pi$$ing match with people hiding behind a screen name. A good press release by someone she/he trusts can be used instead. Every track promoter and event promoter I know is available by phone for conversations and concerns.

Emotions run high for both participants and promoters. While teams are worrying about their driver and equipment getting torn up, promoters are worried about concessions, fans, teams, employees, equipment, insurance, payout, keeping everyone and Joe Schmoe happy and healthy. I have no dog in the Raceway 5 fight. I wish them better luck and hopefully, less stress and better racing.

Yoda

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2015, 12:31:01 PM »

The last thing an embattled track promoter needs to do is come on the race forums or a Facebook page and get into a pi$$ing match with people hiding behind a screen name. A good press release by someone she/he trusts can be used instead. Every track promoter and event promoter I know is available by phone for conversations and concerns.

Emotions run high for both participants and promoters. While teams are worrying about their driver and equipment getting torn up, promoters are worried about concessions, fans, teams, employees, equipment, insurance, payout, keeping everyone and Joe Schmoe happy and healthy. I have no dog in the Raceway 5 fight. I wish them better luck and hopefully, less stress and better racing.

Wrong, what benaround said is exactly what needs to happen. without the racers there will be no fans, no concessions, no anything. As other have stated the response from officials at R5 are always something like "if you do not like it, do not like do not race" those are not appropriate answers when veteran racers voice a concern, you need to listen and act when veteran teams say something is wrong and needs to be done, acting like they are an inconvienence, or whining is getting old, it was old 3 or 4 promotors ago, and it did not work then as well. This its my sandbox and I will do what I want attitude is what is killing R5, they will find out soon enough that there are other tracks their racers are at.

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2015, 01:09:28 PM »
Okay, I will take that and suggest again they utilize  PR person, or a race director if they are not 'people friendly'. My favorite promoter, and he's not everyone's cup of tequila, believe me, openly admits he's not the guy to deal with problems and hired people to do it.

You're quoting me the same problems teams had with a promoter in the Dundee, NY, area, so I understand your concerns.

I don't blame teams for leaving if they are not happy.