Author Topic: Evergreen Announces Ambitious Schedule and Rules Packages  (Read 6820 times)

EvergreenRacewayPark

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Evergreen Raceway
Evergreen Announces Ambitious Schedule and Rules Packages
« on: December 29, 2016, 03:51:07 PM »
The 2017 season racing schedule, rules and pit spot application are now available! We're looking forward to the 2017 racing season and we hope that you are as well. Please help spread the word!

Evergreen Raceway Announces 2017 Divisions and Race Dates

St. Johns, PA (12/28/2016)- Following an uphill battle but yet successful 2016 racing season at Evergreen Raceway, track management has been going nonstop with plans and improvements for the 2017 season at the historic one third mile asphalt oval. Most improvements to the speedway grounds are currently underway and the torrid pace of upgrades and planning is also in continuation.

The season schedule that is released features events for the Modifieds, Late Models, Street Stocks, Four Cylinders, Enduros, INEX Legends and Bandoleros. New divisions were added as well, including a division for Junior Four Cylinder drivers, the Outlaw Stocks and Strictly Stock vehicles. The speedway has decided to limit their regular shows to a maximum of three or four divisions per race day, which will give those in attendance just the right amount of action that they’ll be hungry for. 

As done in the past, the speedway will begin their season with Sunday afternoon shows before switching to Friday evenings during the anticipated hot summer months. The season will close out with regular shows switching back to Sunday and many special events are planned in between, including Drifting and classic and custom car shows.

The speedway announced in the past that a kart track is also on the burner for 2017. The kart track plans are still in process and as long as additional support is received, it should get underway in the spring. If things go according to the plan, race dates and divisions will also be announced in the spring.

The 2017 divisional rules are on the speedway website, as are the general rules and track forms, including pit spot reservations.

To help save the drivers and their teams some cash, the speedway has decided to drop the typical pit license for the upcoming season. This means that any driver that would like to compete at the track for their first, tenth or hundredth time won’t be surprised with a hefty entrance fee at the pit gate.

The most recent added divisions are the Junior Four Cylinders. Children between the ages of 12-15 are urged to compete to gain track experience in full size four cylinder cars. Drivers that are within the age range are allowed to move up into the regular division at any time, once they feel that they are comfortable to compete with the more skilled racers.

The Strictly Stock division is for 6 & 8 cylinder automobiles. The intent of the class is to bring back a more affordable form of racing, being truly stock for the year, make and model of car. The vehicles in the division will compete on DOT tires and the minimal set of rules, including safety, are listed on the speedway website.

The Outlaw Stock division was formulated following the 2016 season. The intent of this class is to include a wide variety of vehicles that follow a similar set of rules between both dirt and asphalt. These vehicles can range from stock clip Late Models to the former Evergreen Pro Stocks, to dirt Pro Stocks, Roadrunners and beyond. The Outlaw Stock events will be held in conjunction with a variety of the Enduro dates during the regular season.     

There is an endless amount of work that has yet to be performed to ensure the safety and integrity for everyone moving forward. Many people have offered help and Evergreen is happy to accept any help on a date(s) that will be announced in the near future.

The 2017 racing season will kick off on Saturday, January 7 with the Snow Ball 100 Enduros. The event is the first leg of the track’s Wintertime Enduro “Triple Crown Series”. All of the Snow Ball 100 rules and pre-registered drivers are listed on the track website.

Evergreen Raceway is located minutes from Hazleton, PA, in between routes 93 and 309. For more information regarding Evergreen Raceway, including the entire season schedule, directions and divisional payouts, please visit www.evergreenracewaypark.com and don’t forget to like their Facebook page as well. 

Evergreen Raceway is proud to be associated with Harry’s U Pull It, Penn’s Peak Radio, CK Auto Service & Race Fab, Himmer Graphics, Valve Tech Sales, Penn’s Peak, Printers Edge, Tito Juice & RockAuto.com.
Announcer Ted "The Mouth" Grow

www.evergreenracewaypark.com

"The track where your treated like family not just a customer"

DOWNTOWN32

• View Profile
Re: Evergreen Announces Ambitious Schedule and Rules Packages
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 06:59:07 PM »
If I'm reading the rules correctly my evergreen factory stock will not be legal to run in the new  "strictly stock" division... Meaning I'll have to run with outlaw stocks and race against stock clip late models ?? Lol

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 09:03:49 AM »
KotG Nov 4th???   curious date there I think with no Mod race scheduled in Oct.
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

EvergreenRacewayPark

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Evergreen Raceway
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 08:36:44 PM »
Unfortunately factory stocks, along with dirt modifieds have been removed from our racing program. We are trying a few new things this season, to allow people that want to race weekly a cheaper way of doing so, hence why the strictly stocks have been introduced.

EvergreenRacewayPark

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Evergreen Raceway
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 08:37:42 PM »
Utica Mike thay date was selected after careful consideration,  and with looking over other tracks schedules, we deemed it to be perfect timing for our 2ND annual KOTG

modsquad

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 09:34:31 PM »
Same day as north south shootout. I guess you won't see Matt there.

EvergreenRacewayPark

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Evergreen Raceway
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 12:08:43 PM »
Guess you can never win when picking a schedule can ya? Last year we went up against the world series still had 32 modifieds, 30 plus street stocks, 18 late models, I think that's a pretty good turnout. As far as Matt he is a racer and can win anywhere so if it's with us great if it's at the NSS, then good luck

modsquad

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 06:36:30 PM »
On your schedule it has 7-21 and 8-18 that are Fridays. Are they correct ?

EvergreenRacewayPark

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Evergreen Raceway
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 02:03:08 PM »
Yes during the hot summer months we have moved to Friday nights with racing starting at 8 pm 3 to 4 divisions on a Friday night max

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 08:56:41 PM »
Guess you can never win when picking a schedule can ya? Last year we went up against the world series still had 32 modifieds, 30 plus street stocks, 18 late models, I think that's a pretty good turnout. As far as Matt he is a racer and can win anywhere so if it's with us great if it's at the NSS, then good luck

Well Ted I don't think the Thompson Tour event will ever affect your show but looking at Oct at MVS there are NO mods on the 15th , a Sunday and the 22nd is also open.

The 6k Octoberfast is the 28th but if Mama Nature pee's on that show logic dictates the make up would be the next weekend. You wanna put the King against the 6K to win Fast event?

....just sayin  ???
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

DPackman_PR

• Champion
  • Full time supporter of EVERY racetrack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 10:17:02 PM »

Well Ted I don't think the Thompson Tour event will ever affect your show but looking at Oct at MVS there are NO mods on the 15th , a Sunday and the 22nd is also open.

The 6k Octoberfast is the 28th but if Mama Nature pee's on that show logic dictates the make up would be the next weekend. You wanna put the King against the 6K to win Fast event?

....just sayin  ???

Additionally WCIS (Perry) moved our $10,000 to win show up a weekend to Sept. 30-Oct. 1 this year... Frees up the old columbus day weekend as well.
Dakota J. Packman

Check out the all new OFFICIAL Wyoming County International Speedway Facebook page
at www.Facebook.com/TheOfficialWCIS !

And our new Official website at www.TheBullringWCIS.com !

longislandmodmaniac

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2017, 01:42:15 PM »
Hey Utica, don't go giving away my Tri Track Oct. 22 date so quickly!!!

bcross

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 01:24:06 AM »
I'm interested in the dirt style racing in weekly program. Who do I contact for details. Thanks brent

EvergreenRacewayPark

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Evergreen Raceway
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2017, 06:58:22 AM »
Brent not sure I follow we have dropped the dirt modifieds

bcross

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2017, 12:17:38 AM »
Ohhhh. I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad I came down for the last race in 2016.