Author Topic: kyle larson  (Read 2093 times)

billt

• View Profile
kyle larson
« on: April 17, 2018, 12:56:54 PM »
 I only watched the race at a sports pub, so I could not here the announcers .. kyle Larson spun out but crossed the line in third  backwards .so he went back to third on the restart. didn't he bring out the caution ? but not put to the rear  may be I am wrong and there  was no caution ?

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
Re: kyle larson
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 02:14:30 PM »
According to CBSsports.com, the #2 brought out the yellow--from their website review report of the race..."In an ironic turn of events, it was Busch's on-track rival Brad Keselowski who allowed him to get in position to win. Just as Busch was encountering tire issues with 20 to go, Keselowski lost a tire of his own and brought out the caution, allowing Busch to get a fresh set. On the restart, Kyle Larson took the lead but once he caught lapped traffic, Busch took advantage and pulled off an old-fashioned Bristol bump-and-run to win."
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

Hoosierfan22

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 12:08:36 PM »
I think Bill is talking about the lap 324 caution not the Keselowski caution with 30 to go.

billt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 01:23:56 PM »
yes,lap 324   , Larson maintained his speed,backwards  across the line , but he caused the 10 th  caution .don't you have to go to the back ?

phredo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 07:49:15 PM »
yes,lap 324   , Larson maintained his speed,backwards  across the line , but he caused the 10 th  caution .don't you have to go to the back ?

The idea of going to the back when causing a caution is something that many assume is standard in all forms of racing.  That is simply not true.  Unlike most short tracks, if you turn someone at Bowman Gray, you don't go to the end of the field.  (Instead, you watch your back waiting for the retaliation.)  In the three NASCAR national touring series as well as regional tours (e.g. Whelen Modified Tour), caution laps count.  Therefore, cars that spin and bring out the yellow flag attempt to get going as soon as possible.  They blend into the field where they can instead of simply being placed at the rear. 
2021 Next: Bubba Raceway, Volusia Speedway, New Smyrna Speedway.

billt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 11:53:32 AM »
thank you..for the info.