Author Topic: Can we talk?  (Read 5302 times)

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
Can we talk?
« on: November 17, 2017, 10:53:54 AM »
Some of you may remember that is Joan Rivers' famous line to introduce conversation.

With all of the complaining on here about where "press releases" and "news updates" go, no one talks about racing any more. I love to talk about racing, and see what other opinions are out there about it.

For instance - does anyone REALLY think Almirola will do better in the SHR #10 than Danica did? Did Chase really get retribution on Denny at Phoenix, because, honestly, he sort of screwed himself out of the Final Four, too. And is Mr. Anthony Stewart yanking everyone's chain about MAYBE some Xfinity races? C'mon, man!

Or - have you SEEN the aggressive amount of special shows the Outlaw Speedway team has scheduled for 2018? Some people will need a part time job just to afford it! Two SDS races, an STSS event, two All Star sprint car shows, and the WoO late models have been announced, and Lord only knows what else may come out Saturday.

And, by the way - DID YOU KNOW the "Parts Peddler Trade Show" has been revamped as the "Northeast Racing Products Auction and Trade Show"? And is taking place on the NYS Fairgrounds this weekend? No? I'm not surprised.

Here's another one you may have missed - Brett Deyo sought out and landed an STSS event at the Juniata County Fairgrounds! You got it! Modifieds at Port Royal, in conjunction with 410 sprint cars. The bus leaves on October 12th early for that road trip.

By the way, we really are just over 2 months away from the re-start of the dirt track season at Golden Isles and East Bay in Georgia and Florida. Driver silly season is upon us, with EPJ and the Dunn-Benson Team parting ways, and EPJ's new team announcement with the Stuckey's.

In closing, I would just like to thank Dale Jr. for everything. It's been a hell of a run, kid, and I am truly sorry that you were never able to be your own man, because of your name, and the weight of the Earnhardt Fanhood after your dad's untimely passing. Here's to many years with Amy for you, and good luck on them diaper changes. (Clothes pins really do help when the stink comes on ya.) To Matt Kenseth, only a fool would let you retire right now, sir, and I wish that NASCAR was still about racing, and less about business.

Modules

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Can we talk?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 12:20:53 PM »
If you have not been to Port Royal lately you are in for a treat.. The best track in PA. 

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 12:37:52 PM »
BAPS Speedway, formerly known as Susquehanna Speedway, may have something to say about that. ;)

I went to Port Royal once. A mad dash when the RoC race at Selinsgrove was cancelled. It was nice THEN. I cannot wait to see it after all the new improvements.

cwm

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 12:59:32 PM »
  Ok we can talk racing and do it on a positive note. NY and Pa need more series similar to New York Super Stocks. These guys do a whale of a job keeping tire costs down and putting on a good show. Anybody wants to run a series, watch and learn from these guys.

dan dan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 01:03:52 PM »
Nope. Racing is done. Best race of the year, the hangover ain't happening, you couldn't pay me to set foot on the fairgrounds and more importantly tommaro is a holiday! So cheers!🍻

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 01:20:23 PM »
I would love to hear more positives about racing, asphalt or dirt.

dan dan - The Hangover isn't happening at Ransomville because they don't want to tear up the new clay. I didn't say I would go to the Fairgrounds, either, but there are some who still support these trade shows, and may have been interested. And, yes, it is officially the first day of gun deer season. Wear your orange hat, be safe, and wait for Outlaw to finish announcing their schedule.

dan dan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 01:27:34 PM »
My orange winter beanie is all the orange I need from where I'm hunting. ( my roof) that's a secret!

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 02:25:11 PM »
Call me Sergeant Schultz - "I know nuthink!"

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 08:20:10 AM »
USAC Sprints at Weedsport in 18.

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 05:00:22 PM »
As are the All Star Circuit of Champions 410 sprint cars.

sprintdaddy

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 05:22:20 PM »
Yes they are 410's

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 06:57:50 PM »
Freedom Motorsports Park flying the STSS and Dirtcar colors this year just keeps getting better there.

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2017, 08:52:24 AM »
And they are adding 2017 Big Block Modified Lernerville track champion Mat Williamson as a weekly competitor. I saw BVP throw his name in weekly, as well, as did Dillon Groover. I don't think Dillon ran there weekly last year. I remember him running Herbie Wright's 88 at Dundee.

I enjoyed my trip there last year. I just wish it was closer.

ask0329

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2017, 11:41:18 AM »
The dirt track season never ends.

Don't forget about the Gateway Nationals in December and then the chilli bowl in February I believe?

http://www.gatewaydirt.com/

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2017, 11:52:38 AM »
January 13th is the Chili Bowl. The Gateway Nationals will be available on DirtOnDirt pay per view December 12/14, I believe.