Author Topic: Legal 602 Crate Sportsman engine wins championship  (Read 2183 times)

Claychamp123

• Champion
    • View Profile
Legal 602 Crate Sportsman engine wins championship
« on: September 07, 2017, 11:08:04 PM »
I've had some people who race at other tracks asking my friends if it's true we had trouble about our engine at Woodhull Raceway. Since it says our Championship was pending due to a protest in the official press release, I want to set the record straight. We were protested after we won the Championship by one point. Both our engine and the protester's engine were pulled by the wrecker truck after the race and impounded by the track. Thursday they were inspected and dyno'd by a certified shop and both engines were found to be legal. Our engine made 347.4 HP....since GM specs the engines at 350 HP so it seems we need to do a better job tuning. Thank you to Ted White and Woodhull Raceway for conducting the protest in a very organized and professional manner. Congrats to the Hartman team on a great season. Stevie III is a very good young driver and I'm sure there are plenty of Championships in his future! DALE

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Legal 602 Crate Sportsman engine wins championship
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 11:20:42 PM »
Well deserved championship for you and your family..you guys have been around along time and are true Racers.. thank you for taking the time and posting your videos.. seems like a nice affordable class.. Sean
No “I’m not interested in owning a track or promoting your series 😀”

chit pants

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 11:42:53 AM »
I've had some people who race at other tracks asking my friends if it's true we had trouble about our engine at Woodhull Raceway. Since it says our Championship was pending due to a protest in the official press release, I want to set the record straight. We were protested after we won the Championship by one point. Both our engine and the protester's engine were pulled by the wrecker truck after the race and impounded by the track. Thursday they were inspected and dyno'd by a certified shop and both engines were found to be legal. Our engine made 347.4 HP....since GM specs the engines at 350 HP so it seems we need to do a better job tuning. Thank you to Ted White and Woodhull Raceway for conducting the protest in a very organized and professional manner. Congrats to the Hartman team on a great season. Stevie III is a very good young driver and I'm sure there are plenty of Championships in his future! DALE
  Congratulations! I'm glad everyone handled the situation like adults. Usually it's just a bunch of finger pointing, swearing and other nonsense.

matt_s86

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 12:36:26 PM »
Congrats on your championship!  My home track (Genesee Speedway) did the same thing, except it was 4 races from the end of the season.  Top 2 in points had engines pulled and went to the dyno.  All good!  And they were required to run those same engines til the end of the season.

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 03:10:06 PM »
Congratulations.  Nice to see your hard work pay off.  I'll second the thanks for the videos too.  They are great. 
Irv's Taking The Night Off.

cwm

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 08:52:17 AM »
  Good job guys.