Author Topic: adirondack speedway  (Read 11685 times)

heavychevy

• Veteran
    • View Profile
adirondack speedway
« on: September 14, 2013, 02:14:31 PM »
Came from the meeting this morning.Adirondack will be racing in2014.there's a open race oct6  home track rules.not sure what classes but super stocks for sure.

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
Re: adirondack speedway
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 03:33:08 PM »
Oct 6th of this year or 14'?
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

GarySS1

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 04:00:47 PM »
I was told this year October 6th. What's the address or zip code to this track?

flyin55

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 04:31:32 PM »

heavychevy

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 10:15:41 AM »
Sorry its Oct 6 2013

heroth00

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 10:21:51 AM »
Anyone have any contact information for someone at Adirondack? The phone number on the website doesn't work.

Kreig Heroth

FlatBlack13z

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 10:51:19 AM »
There will be a track meeting this Saturday Morning -Sept 14, at 9:00am at the pavilion located at the track. This will allow anyone who has any question in regards to the future of AIS to talk with the owner and the Track Officials. I would encourage anyone who can to attend, the stronger the turnout the better.

reopening the facility for the 2014 Season and are looking for any input on how to make this place a success. This is a pretty neat opportunity whether you are a racer, fan or just a supporter. If you have any further questions you can contact Bryan Yousey @ 315-955-3642.

I got this from the other post

no74falcon

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 12:29:39 PM »
I was told this year October 6th. What's the address or zip code to this track?

Very easy to find. New Bremen, NY. Follow Rt. 812 from Lowville. Take a left in the middle of New Bremen (very small town) and follow Artz Rd. to the track on the left.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 12:42:08 PM by no74falcon »
Allen Clark
Erieville, N.Y.
In God We Trust

AISannouncer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 01:48:47 PM »
Kreig:  I should've talked to you Saturday at Oswego.......I remember you guys really liked the AIS track.  Hopefully in a couple days a working phone number will be posted and the website updated.  A lot of work to be done in a short time but a number of persons are pitching in.

Keith Zehr

sharpy

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 06:08:53 PM »
this sounds like a good idea having an oct race and we would consider attending but need to know some things. Tires use?? Street/super stock purse 1-24...Laps.... Thanks in advance.

Willie41

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 07:52:53 PM »
I talked to Bryan Yousey today & with any luck, I'll be there with my SST. Here we go folks. alot of people have been on here complaining about the decline & absence of asphault racing in New York. Here's our chance to attempt to turn this trend around. Let's try to patronize this facility & it's management & hopefully we will have a race track to race @ in CNY.

racerdad

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2013, 08:17:53 PM »
if anyone is in need of a Late Model to race at AIS. We still have our Reynolds Racing 17 LM sitting in the shop doing nothing. It is not doing me any good sitting around so lets make a deal. it has no motor or transmission in it but everything else is there. has 10 races and is a great car. reynoldsracing17@yahoo.com we had a great time racing the one race we did there. people at the track where great and the guys we raced against we good also. I hope that track makes a come back. I know Billy Coyle had a great time racing his Late Model there with everyone.

Don Reynolds

AISannouncer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2013, 08:24:53 PM »
I do know that the purse will come from the back gate only.  $20 pit fee per person and pit fees will go to the class purse that the driver and crew is registered.  I don't know how it's being divided from there.  It also appears all classes will be racing for the same purse....whatever comes in the back gate for that class.  Right now there's talk of a general admission fee of $5 just to get people out one last time and watch some racing.  It's definitely not going to be a money maker for anyone.

All I've heard is that most of the classes that run at Evans Mills will be invited (Super stock, trucks, sport compact, legends, thunderstocks) and I'm assuming the same rules.  Other interest has been shown for other classes but nothing definite as of yet. 

There's a ton of painting and clean up that needs to be done in addition to major repairs to the infrastructure (electrical, water, sewer).  The major stuff won't be done by Oct. 6 but there's hope for some cosmetic stuff to at least make it presentable.  A smaller generator will hopefully provide enough for sound and other items.  No lights.  Potable water will be available in a tanker truck.  Porta-jons only.  Bottled water and drinks plus hopefully a food truck of some kind.  All bleachers will be re-assembled.  A couple sections were finished this afternoon.

Phone number for Lyndaker Excavating:  315-346-6624.  Keep trying as it's the office number of the owner of the track.

Still hoping for a website update by mid-week with more info.  I'll pass along info as I have it.

rrr

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2013, 12:05:52 PM »
Glad to hear the track is open again.

Any idea what day they plan on running next year ?

Hopefully Sundays....Then I can hit on the way home from Oswego. (lol)

sharpy

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2013, 12:59:34 PM »
Going to start making plans, what size is the track and what do you run for a final gear ?