Author Topic: Jackie  (Read 24549 times)

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Jackie
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2014, 07:18:03 PM »
How long does somebody have to wait to get a user id around this place?
Irv's Taking The Night Off.

Beersy26

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2014, 07:38:33 PM »
Don, what you didn't understand was the thread was never about Jackie, it was about another guy with the same last name. But the moderator has asked them to knock it off, so they keep trying to come up with what they think are clever ways to keep bringing it up. Of course what they don't realize is that their mental development has stopped at about age 12. Probably the best way to combat this is to not respond so the topic falls out of sight unless they post and then they will be talking to themselves. Please don't respond to this so we can get rid of this subject. Now that I think about it, maybe they are only 12.

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2014, 07:43:11 PM »
Don, what you didn't understand was the thread was never about Jackie, it was about another guy with the same last name. But the moderator has asked them to knock it off, so they keep trying to come up with what they think are clever ways to keep bringing it up. Of course what they don't realize is that their mental development has stopped at about age 12. Probably the best way to combat this is to not respond so the topic falls out of sight unless they post and then they will be talking to themselves. Please don't respond to this so we can get rid of this subject. Now that I think about it, maybe they are only 12.

What he said!

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2014, 07:48:01 PM »
Jackie Stewart didn't wreck a lot.  He could control his emotions and didn't rev his engine wildly while near others. 

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2014, 09:01:17 PM »
PAZ, i followed this topic to read about F1 driver Jackie Stewart. If you are the moderator on this forum please do your job and block these ***** posts. If you are unable to moderate this forum properly please step aside and let someone else do a proper job.

Don: If it were only that easy--if I lock a topic, those who disagree with the action complain...If I remove it (or don't), those who disagree with the action complain.  The problem is that very few people will agree with either one of us.  (In the end, you have your opinion(s) which you believe are right and so does everyone else).  Your definition about what should blocked is different than others.  Your suggestion to me stepping aside as mod is NEVER gonna happen!  Bottom line--I don't quit, just because somebody thinks I should!  Every time I read something like that...it makes me more determined to stick it out.  You don't have to like what I say, you don't have to agree with me--hell, you don't even have to like me--To me, it makes no difference.  I know deep down what I think and sometimes have the gall to say it.  I know I don't always get it right and I've learned the hard way that I can't make EVERYONE happy!  But I give it 100% to try; once again, you can always complain about me to admin!  He asked ME if I could help him with the site to try to help keep it going in the right direction--He gave me suggestions and guidelines to follow and I have.  There have been times where he has had to make decisions that I didn't necessarily agree with...But he started the site and I have always followed his directives!  I didn't ask for the "job"! But I've done it for a L-O-N-G time now and "standing aside" just isn't me!  This much I can tell ya:  I'm a member of several other sites and post what I want (without having the mod title and have a lot of fun) but won't accept another invitation to be a moderator anywhere ever again after my experience(s) on here.  Again, you can call me what you want but "quitter" is not one of them!

Good luck in your future racing endeavors!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 02:27:52 PM by raceannouncer »
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

Claychamp123

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2014, 09:23:19 PM »
I remember the Tyrell team pulled out of the race after Cevert was killed but I think Jackie raced some more after that. I might be mistaken as I was but a wee tyke at the time....Oh, some Stewart Scottish must have worn of on me. It's a beautiful day for a motor race.....Oh the humanity.

Ratzso

• Veteran
  • "My Life Coach traded me..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2014, 09:27:25 PM »

Are you messing with us?  You mean to say this thread is not about Jackie Stewart (Born as John Young Stewart) who drove motorcars and won multiple Formula One Championship?  I am shocked and chagrined!

Speaking of multiples, I couldn't help but notice that you have six posting on this thread.  That's a lot of your valuable time wasted.  Shouldn't you be spending time on your homework for school and getting your rest?  I understand that third grade can be quite challenging.  It would indeed be sad if your mental development stopped or declined....
"Today is yesterday's future"

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2014, 08:31:51 AM »
Jackie Stewart was a great motor car driver.  If my recollection is accurate (and I have been a race fan for over 65 years) I don't think he lost control of his emotions and ran any fellow competitors, grazing sheep, or innocent bystanders over in a  fit of rage but I could be wrong.

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2014, 08:39:17 AM »
Just another observation.  I think when you look at today's driver's the one that most compares to Jackie Stewart is Joe Nemechek.  They both are incredible talents, fearless, determined, cunning, and neither settle for less than the best.  True Champions of Champions!  If I had to pick one, I'd go with Nemechek but it would be a difficult decision.  Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Nemechek landed an F1 ride in the next couple of years.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 09:18:14 AM by Goggles Pisano »

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2014, 12:35:13 PM »
My uncle was at the Glen and saw Cevert get decapitated. He never went back again.  I guess they had some wild times in the mud bog.  Gladly nobody got hurt back then from revving their engine and furiously fishtailing into anyone. 

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2014, 10:26:52 PM »
Did that dude who was waiting for a userid ever get one WTF?

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2014, 12:18:54 PM »
What would happen if you angrily revved your engine out of control in a Sprint car? 

Ratzso

• Veteran
  • "My Life Coach traded me..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2014, 03:34:40 PM »
Any updates yet on that dude who has been waiting in excess of four days to be approved as a member of our super awesome cyber racing community?

Although very few from this board watch or follow NA$CAR anymore, did anyone by chance see Brad K's escapade after the race at Charlotte on Saturday evening? 

Ratzso

"When the Queen is done with her business in the bathroom, is the final act known as a Royal Flush?"
"Today is yesterday's future"

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2014, 01:14:17 AM »
Peace and Love

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2014, 07:40:20 PM »
Has anybody heard about the guy waiting on the userid?