Author Topic: DIRTcar officials have suspended legendary dirt late model ace Scott Bloomquist  (Read 11925 times)

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
Failure to submit a test is just like saying your on drugs you work for a municipality your gone how hard is it to pee in a cup... I just had to do it in February oh and while I was sitting there I got picked to breathalyze took about 10 mins total so there were 17 drivers picked to test 16 drivers tested and 1 did not how hard is this to figure out .

Beersy26

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Andy, if you want to continue discussing whether pot should be allowed at some level in your system then knock yourself out. I was simply reiterating that we dont know what bloomguist was doing if anything. Really no need for the attitude and the  ::) 

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
there is no room for drugs     :o :o    Oh really?   Better tell that to society because they are slowly surely becoming legal.

Anybody who thinks that will keep it out of racing is a fool.  Mandatory testing will become the norm in local racing and you will see a

decrease in the number of people who participate and that is NOT a good thing.   
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

dan19n

• Veteran
    • View Profile
I must just be too old for the "TIMES" I always thought when you raced it was important to follow the rules.. maybe be creative on engine rules  BUT safety rules always must be followed. Prescription drugs,, something prescribed by a doctor.. shoulld you race? I raced with alergy meds in my system,,, was that ok? I am not sure where the bounderys are on this subject. But I do know drug use... dope... has no place in racing. And why people think it is ok to race with any traces of dope in their system,,, tells me its time for testing!

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
Drug test this morning on the thruway everyone complied no one fell down or walked off the job it was pretty easy !!! Come on Lucas have him tested..

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
Stink gave me another breathalyzer twice in 3 months now.

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Winning, winning and smoking them again last nite.. Like Trump, BLACK SUNSHINE keeps on winning!!
No “I’m not interested in owning a track or promoting your series 😀”

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
Well the drug lady showed up on the thruway the other night at midnight Charlie didn't run and hide didn't fall down didn't gripe or complain that there infringing on my privacy just gave them a sample and signed my name it's quite an easy process.

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
Charlie would you mind if they randomly went through your home looking for stolen merchandise? You've got nothing to hide right?

Look up the meaning of sheeple.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
Well the drug lady showed up on the thruway the other night at midnight Charlie didn't run and hide didn't fall down didn't gripe or complain that there infringing on my privacy just gave them a sample and signed my name it's quite an easy process.

Charlie would you mind if they randomly went through your home looking for stolen merchandise? You've got nothing to hide right?

Look up the meaning of sheeple.

"UM", on this one, I think you're confusing apples and oranges. The NYS Thruway is public property, while "Charlie's" house is private property....

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
The Fourth

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

( red highlights mine).   Your personal privacy rights are suspended because you're a public servant?

Neither the Fourth or the Fifth addresses  such an exception in it's plain read of the text. 

If you live "in public" housing  would give up your rights then?   

It's just an awful twist of logic that someone in public employment has to pee for their pay while those on the public dole (supported in part by those very public employees) are not required to pee for theirs.   :-\

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
My brother is a hazmat hauler for a local company. His drug test (annual) is ordered by his company through a physician at his DOT physical. Can Charlie explain the Thruway deal?

I agree with UM. I parked in a handicapped spot at work with no sticker, and someone complained, and I came out to my car to find an overweight, overpaid, arrogant Sheriff's "deputy" ransacking my car and refusing to get out of it when I asked if he had a warrant or probable cause. His comment was "I'm just trying to figure out who owns this POS." There are many of the men and women in blue who I would lay down my life for, because they do strive to protect and serve. That guy was only protecting his pension and serving as many donuts as he could eat. Unless there is probable cause - a beer bottle visible, smell of an illegal substance, etc - NO ONE has the right to invade your privacy.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile

If you live in "public" housing  would give up your rights then?   

It's just an awful twist of logic that someone in public employment has to pee for their pay while those on the public dole (supported in part by those very public employees) are not required to pee for theirs.   :-\

I agree that living in "public" housing, in other words, subsidized housing, presents a murky situation, since the taxpayers are paying the person's rent, and I, personally, don't feel that I should be required to indirectly help support someone's drug habit. And the idea of drug testing for welfare benefits, again, while a potentially sticky situation, doesn't bother me, because once again, the taxpayers (you and I) are subsidizing someone's existence, so it's only fair that we/they have the ability to put conditions on that assistance.

If you're talking about drug testing for one's job, ESPECIALLY if that job has a person operating a motor vehicle or piece of construction equipment, than I agree that it should be done. I also feel, however, that it's a sad set of circumstances, when so many people feel that they need recreational drugs and/or alcohol, just to make it through their day. Given my somewhat advanced age, I didn't have to be subjected to drug testing during the first part of my working life. However, about a year after I retired from my full-time job of 37 years, I was asked to join one of the "big box" auto parts stores, as a delivery driver.

I had some time on my hands, and SS hadn't kicked in yet, so I agreed to do so. It was the first time in my life that I was subjected to a drug test, at the age of 57. It was eye opening, as I hadn't quite realized how deeply the drug culture had invaded American life.

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
"I'm just trying to figure out who owns this POS."   

My retort to officer fatazz would have been.  " Run the plate clown" if he needed to know who the owner was.
I certainly would have lodged a formal complaint if it went down as you say.

Leadfoot  there are plenty of people who drive a motor vehicle for pay that are NOT required to pee for the government.

Us CDL holders are because of a 1991 law passed by the Feds called OTETA. Ominbus Transportation Employee Testing Act.

Google   Ricky Gates/ Conrail Chase, Md 1987  for it's genesis.   Pre employment  and post accident I don't have a problem with but

random I do.    This is a dangerous overreach by the government and is part of a slowly but surely creeping encroachment on our rights.

We citizen better soon wake the F up before they are gone.   

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
Thruway does pre hire and after accident whether it's your fault or not and at least 4 randoms a year it was a 1st time ever in the middle of night shift the other night they have caught a bunch of guys over the years with drugs and or alchohol in there system .