Author Topic: 2017 WMT  (Read 4493 times)

Thunderfied

• Rookie
    • View Profile
2017 WMT
« on: December 07, 2016, 01:06:47 AM »
Phil Kurze of Whelen Engineering the sponsor of the NASCAR WMT has put it out their.

$500,000 for the 2017 point fund for the Modifieds.

All races will also pay bonus money for the following:

Coors Lite Pole $1,000 Per race
Coca Cola Move of the Race $1,050 Per Race
Hoosier Tire Lap leader $1,400 Per Race Most laps leading
Hoosier Tire Fastest Lap of the Race $600 Per Race
Hoosier Tire Most Improved $800 Per Race
WNMT 2016 Champion #2 $600 Per Race
WSMT 2016 Champion #1  ??
Whelen winner of the Race $500 Per Race
Sunoco Spec Fuel $550 Per Race
WNMT 2016 ROTY #89 $200 Per Race
WSMT 2016 ROTY #22  ??

That's a total of $127,500 in Bonus Money

Car owners Bonus Money of $11,000 per race for the top 25 in points for another $209,000

2017 Money being paid out for the 19 races
Point Fund $500,000
Bonus Money $127,500
Car owner bonus $209,000

For a Total of $836,500

That's a number Modified racing has never seen.

In 2016 the Total Cash Purse payout for the 18 WMT Races was $1,028,890.

That total is without the point fund payout.

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 WMT
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 09:08:25 AM »
Significant money for sure. Makes all other series seem rinky dink in comparison.   ::)

Begs the question though why would an entire southern series evaporate and some major teams bail on the coming season?  :(

To be continued.............   8)
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

HoosierDaddy1

• Rookie
  • America Will Be Great Again. Just Like NASCAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 02:34:49 PM »
Laminate, not I said: "Significant money for sure. Makes all other series seem rinky dink in comparison".

Some of that money has always been there (just some additional cash). The one thing that refutes all the comments that NASCAR don't care about the modifieds made by you and a few others that are not knowledgeable. is the NWSMT teams will be included in the 2016 benefits if they choose to follow the 2017 schedule. If the teams down south decide to follow the 2017 schedule, they will then be included in 2018 (that is actually a smoother transition than "The Donald" has instituted).

Laminate also says: "Begs the question though why would an entire southern series evaporate and some major teams bail on the coming season"?

How many times must you and your "rinky-dink" followers going to beat this topic to death? How many off-seasons do you or Tippy-Toe or HeadAsHardAsRock 3Times or someone else publish reports of teams quitting, and come the first race, there they are again (example: a post earlier about"Dropping Like Flies"). I didn't post a reply to that silly thread. You know why, because all I relate flies to is what they circle and land on to eat. That pretty much describes that thread and it's posters.

Well, I gotta git. Don't have time for any more schooling for you and others. NASCAR has done a pretty good job at that.

P.S. Remember you called all the other modified (with sportsman added) tours "rinky-dink". You keep going and you'll advance out of "Modified Pre-K".

Definition And Pronunciation Of:
rinky-dink, [ring-kee-dingk]
Rinky-Dink As A noun:
ROC, VMSRS,Try-Track, and now AMSPS.

Sportsman/SK/SST Will Now Be Known As:
H.A.M.F.F. (Handy A***'s Modified Field Fillers)

84sstock

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 03:26:54 PM »
The money seems fine but was is laughable to me is that NASCAR called this the 'Unified" schedule.  In terms of points paying races for the championship it looks to me like North 14 south 3 (I am even doing the south a favor by counting the TBA). In fact the only new southern race that counts on the schedule is Myrtle Beach. This was really just NASCAR spinning the fact that the southern tour was a complete failure and needed to cease operations. There are still 9 stops just between Thompson, Stafford and NH, how many southern based teams do you really think are going to embark on that type of travel??

80racing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 03:28:32 PM »
Figures the all mighty hooiserpuke would chime in

Turbo01

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 05:48:40 PM »
No matter where you stand, that's great news for modified racing. I hope it's a success and grows from there.

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 08:29:25 PM »
Like chumming the water I use rinky dink and the fish comes out from under the weeds. How easy was that? Welcome back Daddy we were worried about you in your absence.

After hearing Stafford giving up one "world class" Modified event I figured it was wrist slitting time for you and I was worried.

No worries though the budding MTS is in for a pair so the Stafford faithful get added racing. 

So.....you think the southern tour still exists?  OK..time for another question (which you will never answer). How many southern teams will make all the northern races?

You liked to brag about how many WMNT teams were full time so how about a number? 

On the good news front the worlds newest "dirt" track the non NASCAR Oswego Speedway is having the Coby/ Fifeild show back for another go round.

You going THIS year?   No...?   How about Myrtle Beech ?     TBA?  ( you gotta go to that exciting event.... come on) .   

OK let me guess ...your saving your bottle caps for that scintillating   non point (?) Charlotte thriller?   Now how many northern teams will be supporting this "world class" event?

Curious is that New Smyrna, in the shadow of the world stock car center of the universe, isn't again hosting a Tour event in 17'

Ah.....so many questions .....so few answers.           Anyway...glad your back and doing fine.  Careful of that eggnog though. Remember what it did to you last year.  ;D ;D ;D
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

Thunderfied

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 10:10:12 PM »
The Southern Tracks have balked at the $70,000 Purse to hold a WMT event in 2017.
Whelen did say that 2017 will be a bumpy year for the WMT, but also said even bigger things are already in place for the WMT for 2018. Including bigger purses.

In 2016 the Southern Tour Tracks had a purse of about $28,000. That means the promoters have to go out and work at getting sponsorship money and we all know they do not like to work at that. They love having the racers themselves pay for the racing purse through the back gate. That's why tightwad Larry C. of Monadnock dropped the WMT for 2017. He is never happy unless someone else is paying for his races.

NASCAR didn't pull the plug on the WSMT the sponsor did. WHELEN.

The sponsor Whelen was not happy with the car counts in the South. The Championship for the WSMT paid around $28,000 to win. Why pay that kind of money and not get the support.

Maybe they pulled the plug on the WSMT to soon as the PASS Modified Tour and the SMART or old KOMA Modified Tour have both folded.

Someone is trying to keep the PASS Modified Tour alive, but they have no money to back them up and keep it running.

Pass said they lost big money on both the Super Late Models and Modifieds last year. So the Modifieds had to go.

Turbo01

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 09:38:57 AM »
How cool would it be for Martinsville to get back on the schedule?