Author Topic: Elegant builders speedway 2013 schedule  (Read 12901 times)

crankyhick

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Elegant builders speedway 2013 schedule
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2013, 08:30:39 AM »
Well Mike, I don't mind if the grass gets a little high (this is not a golf course), If the stands have a few? bad boards, Or if my hot dog is not cooked as I like it, I can even accept short fields in some classes (4cyls excepted)...BUT...To go 2/3/4 weeks without racing (and that is without any rainouts) is not acceptable..And on top of that...ONLY 2 MODIFIED RACES = a crappy race schedual (JMHO)..I wish ..LANCASTER SPEEDWAY..nothing but success this year, but, I beleave they have an even higher mountain to climb this year than in the past..
Howie Markel.. Race Fan

racingho

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2013, 09:08:14 AM »
It's going to be a good summer, to fish

Tigerpaw333

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2013, 01:50:40 PM »
Well i the off weeks, you can either spend more time with your family, or go to the other tracks that race on Saturday. I know im either going to go to Holland Speedway or Raceway 5.
Dirt: Ransomville Speedway, Genesse Speedway Limerock
Asphalt: Lancaster  Hillside

roblaskowski99

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2013, 10:58:07 PM »
Attaboy to Howie glad I'm buying a boat this Summer

Don Spatarico

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2013, 10:43:54 AM »
Well Mike, I don't mind if the grass gets a little high (this is not a golf course), If the stands have a few? bad boards, Or if my hot dog is not cooked as I like it, I can even accept short fields in some classes (4cyls excepted)...BUT...To go 2/3/4 weeks without racing (and that is without any rainouts) is not acceptable..And on top of that...ONLY 2 MODIFIED RACES = a crappy race schedual (JMHO)..I wish ..LANCASTER SPEEDWAY..nothing but success this year, but, I beleave they have an even higher mountain to climb this year than in the past..
Gotta agree there is not much to get excited about with the schedule.

EmpireStateTQMidgetSeries

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2013, 02:57:10 PM »
My mistake I meant to say Aug 31st which is not on Jim's schedule. As I read further I see that this is not an official schedule. I'm sure the official schedule will be released soon. Sorry if I may have confused anyone.

As was confirmed with Ralph today, there IS  an ESTQM Series race August 31st at EBRP. I am not sure what, if any, special events they have scheduled that day.

Openwheeler

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2013, 05:28:28 PM »
Remember in the fall when I was blasted and called names for saying Lancasters management yet again would not have a schedule until march??? Guess I was a realist and not just hating on the track. They obviously weren't working with the roc tour much this year so what's the excuse for the late schedule? How many years will this go on?

reddog

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2013, 07:15:38 PM »
I don't think it's a case of how long will this go on. I wonder how long before there is not a thing going on,openwheeker? Sorry situation with someone who could care less about the racers and fans. I live 20 minutes from the track and have been there 3 times in the last 3 years. By the looks of it I won't be there this year at all. I wouldn't even call that schedule,no mention of what cars or classes are running when. Just poor management completely. Wonder if the drag schedule looks as shabby????

EmpireStateTQMidgetSeries

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2013, 07:42:02 PM »
September  14.. Points championship
September  20-22...US OPEN..roc mods
September  28... CRASH MANIA

Reg show= = = 4 cyl / after hour imaging TQ midgets / street stocks / sportsman

Help you out a little bit....

Don Spatarico

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 09:32:16 AM »
I don't think it's a case of how long will this go on. I wonder how long before there is not a thing going on,openwheeker? Sorry situation with someone who could care less about the racers and fans. I live 20 minutes from the track and have been there 3 times in the last 3 years. By the looks of it I won't be there this year at all. I wouldn't even call that schedule,no mention of what cars or classes are running when. Just poor management completely. Wonder if the drag schedule looks as shabby????
If Lancaster (or whatever they're calling it this week)were to cease operations, how many teams would move over to race at Holland?

artist

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 09:35:09 AM »
When I attended a number of Promoters Workshops, they preached to the tracks PR staff, that when creating a schedule, NEVER, AND I MEAN NEVER say that an event is a regular show. There is always something that you can add in print to make that event special. Before I went to work at Holland Speedway, I spent every sat. nite at Lancaster. IT WAS THE PLACE TO BE! I hope for the sake of former drivers, fans and staff from the glory days, the track can somewhat return to it's former self.

streetstockguy

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 10:30:11 AM »
why do people think anything will ever change?

Don Spatarico

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2013, 10:43:31 AM »
Hope, hope still remains.

Take Oswego for example. You never know when the right person might come along and pull a complete turn around. I kind of thought Tim Packman might have helped, but he obviously did not choose to stay. Who knows?

AISannouncer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2013, 05:49:26 PM »
When I attended a number of Promoters Workshops, they preached to the tracks PR staff, that when creating a schedule, NEVER, AND I MEAN NEVER say that an event is a regular show. There is always something that you can add in print to make that event special. Before I went to work at Holland Speedway, I spent every sat. nite at Lancaster. IT WAS THE PLACE TO BE! I hope for the sake of former drivers, fans and staff from the glory days, the track can somewhat return to it's former self.

I like this kind of thinking.  Despite Adirondack's eventual failure as a functioning track, I remember the track owner's insistence in 2008 that all regular events be referred to as special "Summer Sizzler" events.  That year's schedule was constructed this way and it certainly caught my attention before I started working there.

Fran

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2013, 05:56:26 PM »
Hope, hope still remains.

Take Oswego for example. You never know when the right person might come along and pull a complete turn around. I kind of thought Tim Packman might have helped, but he obviously did not choose to stay. Who knows?

I fully agree as Tim made quite the effort to return home only to leave after 1 yr. Front office cleanup is needed.