Author Topic: Shangrila-2 is holding a meeting  (Read 7601 times)

GarySS1

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Shangrila-2 is holding a meeting
« on: March 05, 2018, 06:14:34 PM »
ATTENTION ALL CIRCLE TRACK DRIVERS!!! Shangri La II will be OPEN for racing on Saturdays in the 2018 season!!! There have been some rule changes and you ALL are invited to the Best Western on Thursday March 8th at 7pm to hear all about the changes and what we have planned for the 2018 season!!! (Best Western Grand Victorian Inn, 255 Spring St, Sayre, PA 18840)

Please come out and voice your opinion on the track. George is trying to make it happen. Don’t like him? Come tell him! Don’t like racing on Saturday night, come tell him! He’s willing to listen! See you all there! Drivers, owners, fans, promoters and anyone else is welcome!

argonrcn

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Shangrila-2 is holding a meeting
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 01:19:46 PM »
How much to get into meeting? Is there an open bar ?

Wickerman667

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 03:02:05 PM »
I will be there

moselli

• Rookie
  • Stuff happens 2 days before the day after tomorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 03:57:46 PM »
For those car owners, drivers and fans that enjoy asphalt racing this sounds like an opportunity to possibly bring back into operation a great racing venue. 

Don't personally know George.  While everyone has an opinion of how a race track should be managed, at the end of the day it's a business and it needs to be financially viable. The opening of this track would have a positive impact on the local economy and trickle down to other small businesses, racing and non-racing.

I'm planning to attend this meeting and listen to what George has to say.

Moselli

« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 05:51:08 PM by moselli »
"God gave us family so we wouldn't have to fight with strangers."

Shamrock 3x

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 05:08:28 PM »
I would love to go, but unfortunately, due to the long drive and the fact that I'm working that day, will be unable to attend.  Does anyone here know how to contact Ratzso? I would love for him to attend on my behalf.  If anyone can help out in that regard, I can be reached at any time, day or night at: BR-549.  Thank you.

bassman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 03:51:05 PM »
Any word on the outcome of this meeting?? Just curious...

moselli

• Rookie
  • Stuff happens 2 days before the day after tomorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 04:16:11 PM »
I attended the meeting.

The meeting room was full, all seats were taken and I stood with several other to listen.

The meeting was very well conducted.  George was very clear about his plans for the track, he allowed and fielded questions very well.  He also listened and asked for comments and suggestions.

All of the participants were very respectful and conducted themselves professionally.

Ron Hills was there to video the complete meeting.

Rather than trying to take something out of context and comment here, I think it would be better to wait for an official press release or an announcement on the track website regarding plans to race this year and next year. 

My only comment is that it was a very positive meeting and there was a sense among those that I spoke with after the meeting, that this great facility would have racing again.

Moselli

"God gave us family so we wouldn't have to fight with strangers."

first

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 11:50:58 PM »
This is driving me crazy lol I did see the posts about the meeting and how good it was but I want to know when there will be some races so I can plan to take a trip or a few. Just please don’t mess with the Friday nights at evergreen.

geokent26

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 10:45:35 AM »
George plans to run a race may 19th sport mods and street stocks.Right now he would like to run 3 races this year including the fall brawl. Dates have to be plan.

smallguy

• Veteran
  • Last of the Time Lords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 12:05:51 PM »
I attended the meeting.

The meeting room was full, all seats were taken and I stood with several other to listen.

The meeting was very well conducted.  George was very clear about his plans for the track, he allowed and fielded questions very well.  He also listened and asked for comments and suggestions.

All of the participants were very respectful and conducted themselves professionally.

Ron Hills was there to video the complete meeting.

Rather than trying to take something out of context and comment here, I think it would be better to wait for an official press release or an announcement on the track website regarding plans to race this year and next year. 

My only comment is that it was a very positive meeting and there was a sense among those that I spoke with after the meeting, that this great facility would have racing again.

Moselli

Getting some official info out is going to be critical, sooner rather than later.   It would be a smart idea to schedule a press conference somewhere in the area and live stream it for the public...does SL2 even have a social media presence/footprint outside of their web site?
I'm making perfect sense, you're just having a hard time keeping up! ... Matt Smith (Doctor Who)

first

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2018, 01:11:07 PM »
Was a press release put out with plans?  I know it’s only a week but everyone has schedules and plans out including the teams.

Openwheels

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2018, 02:31:47 PM »
 8)  I know that there is this article that is posted so far, not sure of any others at this time...I hope things come together and work out, as a dedicated supporter of the track since the original Shangri-La and all of Shang2 as well...  :)

See link below:

http://www.racechaseronline.com/racing-nation/northeast/shangri-la-2-ready-business/
"Always Remember": A BAD day at the RACES is always better than a GOOD day at WORK!... :-)

"Racecar" spelled backwards IS "Racecar"....

Openwheels

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2018, 10:11:45 AM »

Just curious, has "anyone" heard any more news about SL2 trying to run some this year? (2018)... did this already fall through?...
haven't heard or seen anything more about it, and with May (and hopefully! some nicer weather) around corner... it'd be nice to know the status either way...
I see that their website does come up, however, with the old,old info. from years back....
(please NO bashing/or negative comments) am hoping to see racing again sometime at SL2   :)
"Always Remember": A BAD day at the RACES is always better than a GOOD day at WORK!... :-)

"Racecar" spelled backwards IS "Racecar"....

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2018, 12:33:39 PM »
For sure Wheels it's April, schedules are out mostly and I have to believe most racers have made commitments to where they will be touring/ running weekly. Available dates are going fast as well.
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

Beersy26

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2018, 02:18:22 PM »
whats that saying about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome? ::)